IGNORED

High End Munich 2021 - 9th - 12th September 2021

It looks like the team of the High End Munich found some confidence to announce their plans for the 2021 exhibition.
Notable changes are 2 trade visitor days and a supplier trade show called IPD - International Parts & Supply in a different area of the MOC exibition center.

Please find the press release attached to that note.

Thumbs up & pressed for making that happen in May 2021 

Press_release_No1_HIGH_END_2021.pdf

• 1 month later...

New Announcment from MHE today:

The Munich High End audio show has changed the date from May to September 2021.
In pursuit for better conditions concerning the hygiene concept and the travel arrangements for exhibitors & visitors, the High End Society has postponed the exhibition to

September 09th - 12th, 2021.

Thumbs up & pressed for making that happen in September 2021 !!!
Press release follows asap.

6 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

When's RMAF and Axpona next year ?
I'd reckon they (MHE)  are looking for the First Mover Advantage ... ;-)

Munich is actually not first on this. RMAF has been scheduled for quite a while. This will put many people in a pinch. 

ROCKY MOUNTAIN INTERNATIONAL AUDIO FEST

OCTOBER 8, 2021 - OCTOBER 10, 2021
DENVER, COLORADO

SHOW HOURS:
TRADE ONLY: THURSDAY: 10AM-6PM
ALL: FRIDAY & SATURDAY: 10AM-6PM
SUNDAY: 10AM-4PM
GAYLORD ROCKIES RESORT AND CONVENTION CENTER
6700 NORTH GAYLORD ROCKIES BLVD, AURORA, COLORADO 80019
720-452-6900

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I haven't made any travel plans or thought much about attending any of the shows this year. Even if Munich takes place in September, I'm still hesitant and not sure I'll go. We'll see. 

13 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Same here, without Biontech jab I won't move...

I've already had the two jabs and I am not (yet) in the frame of mind to go in September.  Still waiting to see the relative time lines of herd immunity vs. appearance of new strains,

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Just now, Kal Rubinson said:

I've already had the two jabs and I am not (yet) in the frame of mind to go in September.  Still waiting to see the relative time lines of herd immunity vs. appearance of new strains,

I'm also thinking about what the experience will be like right on the heels of all this. A fully masked four day show doesn't sound like much fun.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I actually have many doubts that it will happen in September 2021. The German pandemic crisis management hasn't been convincing during the start of the year. Factoring in the low predictability of strains/variants vs. vaccines, a international indoor mass event won"t have a lot of support, neither within the administration in Bavaria nor with the visitors.

The exhibitors otoh may be the ones with the biggest need to make it happen. Bad situation for them.

2 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

I actually have many doubts that it will happen in September 2021. The German pandemic crisis management hasn't been convincing during the start of the year. Factoring in the low predictability of strains/variants vs. vaccines, a international indoor mass event won"t have a lot of support, neither within the administration in Bavaria nor with the visitors.

The exhibitors otoh may be the ones with the biggest need to make it happen. Bad situation for them.

Very true. 

Factor in how expensive it is to ship thousands of pounds worth of gear to Munich and how far in advance this stuff needs to be sent / planned for, the possibility that one could ship stuff there and have to ship it back without a show taking place, etc... it's not looking good. 

I'm a lot more optimistic than you gents. The general consensus here in Europe is that we should persist with restrictive measures for a month or three but that from the start of our summer the situation can gradually return to a more normal one. I'm not saying that Munich HE can fully take place in its traditional format, but with some creative adjustments and good regulations it should certainly be possible to organise an event like this. We are not talking about a very large-scale, sweaty festival with a packed crowd. If the Olympics can continue...

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

On 3/10/2021 at 11:39 PM, skatbelt said:

I'm a lot more optimistic than you gents

The Munich High End Team as well:
Press Release from today (machine translation):

The HIGH END® 2021 is fully booked

High interest of exhibitors for the world's leading audio trade show pleases the organizer

The positive message from the organizer HIGH END SOCIETY Service GmbH is already before the registration deadline at the end of March: the HIGH END 2021 is fully booked! After more than a year without events, exhibitors, trade visitors, consumers, media representatives and, of course, all those involved in the planning and on-site to ensure the success of the fair, should be particularly pleased about this. The unbroken high demand for the coveted exhibition spaces in the halls and atriums of the Munich MOC shows how much the industry has been waiting to finally present its high-quality products to a live audience again after the months-long forced break caused by the pandemic.

HIGH END as an important global trendsetter

From September 9 to 12, 2021, everything at the 39th HIGH END in Munich will once again revolve around excellent music reproduction, inspiring listening pleasure and masterful audio technology. For years, the HIGH END has been regarded as the world's leading audio trade fair, where the big players in the industry as well as the smaller, owner-managed companies find their ideal presentation platform. This is where business relationships are forged, networks expanded and expert exchanges cultivated. The international audio show would like to further expand its immense importance for the B2B sector after the global trade fair standstill. "The response to the second trade visitor day is consistently positive" says Stefan Dreischärf, Managing Director of HIGH END SOCIETY Service GmbH. "We are very happy about this situation and will do everything to ensure that the HIGH END can take place under the safest possible conditions." Of course, Dreischärf regrets that he will probably not be able to accommodate all orders. As in previous years, he will first have to put all further requests for the HIGH END on the waiting list.

Security at all levels

The September date brings with it a high degree of planning certainty, which is likely to be particularly important for exhibitors and visitors from abroad. Because at this point in time, it is becoming apparent that global travel options will still be limited in early summer. Valuable time can be gained over the summer months for progressive global immunization through vaccination and thus containment of the pandemic. The multiple testing opportunities provide confidence that events with large numbers of participants can be safely conducted at this time. Of course, there is also a sustainable and flexible hygiene concept that can be adapted to changing circumstances at any time.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:36 PM, Kal Rubinson said:

Same here.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:37 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm also thinking about what the experience will be like right on the heels of all this. A fully masked four day show doesn't sound like much fun.

If I do go to a show, it'll much more likely be domestic - RMAF or AXPONA. Too soon for Europe. Not this year.

51 minutes ago, austinpop said:

If I do go to a show, it'll much more likely be domestic - RMAF or AXPONA. Too soon for Europe. Not this year.

This raises an interesting topic I've thought about for the last several months. Is it rational to think that a domestic show is safer or better? To those in Munich, it's a domestic show :~)

This is obviously a topic that goes beyond audio shows, because foreign travel is a no-go for many, even though the foreign destination may be better. 

Anyway, not sure about any show for me this year. 

On 3/10/2021 at 11:39 PM, skatbelt said:

I'm a lot more optimistic than you gents. The general consensus here in Europe is that we should persist with restrictive measures for a month or three but that from the start of our summer the situation can gradually return to a more normal one.

That is quite old news, I'm afraid. I mean, since all vaccinations stopped in quite some European countries (including Holland) already ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

39 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This raises an interesting topic I've thought about for the last several months. Is it rational to think that a domestic show is safer or better? To those in Munich, it's a domestic show :~)

It’s not so much the show, it’s the overseas travel, and possibility of being stranded or getting sick far away from home.