IGNORED

Phasure mach III server & XXhighend software

cat6man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Tatomek7 said:

Hi,

Did you consider to have affinity fully mirrored in each CPU cores; 0-19 for music activity and 20 - 39 for all remaining programs plus OS? This way you can limit data exchange between each CPU.

I'm really wondering about your experience with XXHigheEnd software. I was several times looking at their pages, but never tried it. Could you share some more thoughts?  Is XXEngine neccesery for XXHighEnd player? Is AO3 works with XXEngine? I didn't know, AO3 works with dual CPU MB. I have as well Sage C621, but with W10 LTSC w/o AO3 yet.

Hi,

XXHighEnd works very well with WS2019 Core, AO3 and PL even during the “unattended mode” of XXHighEnd. With respect to CPU affinity, I have tried many different combinations and the current setting indeed produces the best SQ I ever have. Later last week, I even moved ‘XXHighEnd folder’ from Optane 4800x (OS drive and tied to CPU0) to Optane 905P 1.5 ( music files storage and tied to CPU 1), and there was another major improvement in terms of background darkness and transient. Regarding the XXHighEnd Engine, it is vital for SQ and is necessary for XXHighEnd player. It works well with AO3 too. If you are using Sage C621, please try XXHighEnd and let us know what you think.

vhs

dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - Siltech Double Crown PC, Tara Labs Zero Evo AES; dCS Vivaldi DAC - Siltech Double Crown PC - Tara Labs Zero Evo XLR; dCS Vivaldi Clock - Siltech Double Crown PC - Viard Platinum BNC; Mutec Ref10 SE-120 - Shunyata Sigma Digital PC - AR Cox Triple C BNC; Music Server - La Sound Olympia PC; Spectral DMC-30SS MKii - Crystal Ultimate Dream PC; Spectral DMC-400RS - Tiglon 2000A PC - AR RTP6 Abs. - Transparent Reference G5 spk cable; Rockport Atria MKi, Shunyata Triton V2 + Typhon - Sigma HC PC, Thixar SMD Ultimate Rack + CMS Platinum MKiii / Tripoint Troy Signature BLK

https://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=124319&extra=page=1