On 9/15/2020 at 4:02 PM, patatras said:

Hi

Did anyone use Roon with Hqplayer and Ered-dock (Engineered) as upnp/dlna ? 

Pierre 

Hi Pierre,

can  Ered-dock works with HQPlayer? I don't think so, but I'll be happy to be wrong.

I use  Ered-dock, but with Bubble UPNP and Linn Kazoo, this is the only way I have found. Roon is also not supported for what Iknow. 

Regards,

Giuseppe

23 minutes ago, patatras said:

Hi Giuseppe 

No ered-dock doesn't work with Hqplayer. It needs NAA. 

I don't know if roon works with ered-dock and I hope it's true. 

Regards 

Pierre 

ERed dock does not work with Roon RAAT, it works with most players which are UPNP.  It does work with Audirvana, for example.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

18 hours ago, granosalis said:

Hi Pierre,

can  Ered-dock works with HQPlayer? I don't think so, but I'll be happy to be wrong.

I use  Ered-dock, but with Bubble UPNP and Linn Kazoo, this is the only way I have found. Roon is also not supported for what Iknow. 

Regards,

Giuseppe

There was talk of a future firmware update to allow it to work as a Roon Endpoint - contact the manufacturer.

It certainly would not hurt for end users to ask EngineeRed for more features.  I would suggest including HQPlayer NAA request at the same time...  I believe that Jussi makes it pretty easy to add NAA.

I ma not sure the NMR has enough processing power for RAAT, but it should be able to handle NAA.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

1 minute ago, patatras said:

I asked Engeneered about NAA (I am also concerned) and they said no NAA for now. 

Pierre 

Yeah, it is such a shame as their hardware is really pretty good, and pretty much the only option for DIYers who want to have a really good Renderer for DIY.  This is why Sonore went ahead and developed out own solution, and then expanded to producing our current SOTA Renderers.

SONORE computer audio

This topic of roon for the ered dock has been on the back burner of engineered for a long long time .

They do no seem highly motivated to provide Roon compatibility .

I do not know why .

It is sad as their hardware is absolutely excellent !

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

16 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Here’s a pretty cheap and weak board I’ve used RAAT with. Haven’t tried NAA. 

The LinQ is lovely, but not exactly cheap or weak?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

3 hours ago, granosalis said:

Looks like the old dock / mod board is not Backward compatibility with the new firmware from Emerson Digital.

So no roon endpoint and no dedicated software player. I hope I'm wrong, but this announcement doesn't make me very happy.

I do not think that really it is a problem.

i do think that the Watson products is using the same ered dock card as the one used by the diy community as well as several high end manufacturers.

The Watson range is really an elegant solution to take advantage of their real good technology .

The Watson app is not compatible with the bare ered  dock and this is somewhat normal .

Dartzeel has also developed a proprietary software for the ered dock card they put in their dac/amp integrated.

As of now the Watson has the same capabilities as what we do with the ered dock using software like Daphile and It is not yet Roon compatible.

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

5 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

i do think that the Watson products is using the same ered dock card as the one used by the diy community as well as several high end manufacturers.

The Watson range is really an elegant solution to take advantage of their real good technology .

They seem to be working really hard to not compete with their OEM of DIY clients since the 1250 Euro Emerson version (eRED in cute box) is 890 Euros more than what they charge for eRED DOCK.  The included Watson Music app (for iOS only) does look nice enough. 9_9

7 hours ago, Superdad said:

They seem to be working really hard to not compete with their OEM of DIY clients since the 1250 Euro Emerson version (eRED in cute box) is 890 Euros more than what they charge for eRED DOCK.  The included Watson Music app (for iOS only) does look nice enough. 9_9

Correct and I agree 😉

On 9/25/2020 at 12:42 AM, Superdad said:

The included Watson Music app (for iOS only) does look nice enough. 9_9

You forget the Roon compatibility which is announced for Emerson and it's not seems available for eRed-Doc.

Yes, maybe even that's not enough to justify the price difference, but I'm still unhappy that the board that could have grown through future updates looks like something that's overshadowed by the new Wattson Audio.

In case you're wondering if the firmware for Emerson can be installed in the eRed-Doc, the answer it is not, I just tried.

Regards,

Giuseppe