IGNORED

Article: Sonus Faber Il Cremonese ex3me

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

II CREMONESE EX3ME

Not to complain, but that is one wacky moniker.  (now on to my point)

Not a day goes by that I don't see a new speaker company  in the various audio blogs, sites or advertisements.  Now I don't mean just a new model such as the oddly named, but fine speaker above.  I mean new speakers from Joe and Bob straight from their garage to your listening room.  

Here is my take.  Joe and Bob build a speaker.  It sounds fine.  They send the speaker set off to some reviewer who gives it a good review.   (and why not,  he can keep the speaker for review and even buy the damn thing at a great discount.  I would give just about any speaker a fine review if I could pull off such a scam).

Anyway, based on the review, Joe and Bob get a few orders for speakers, send them out and get favorable comments from their customers.  Then, more orders come in.   Joe and Bob only have a two car garage. They can only build a few sets per month.  People start to complain about the long lead time for the speakers.   Then, under great pressure to deliver, a speaker is sent out with a ding in the wood finish.

There is a problem in communication (who has time to communicate?, we are 16 pairs of speakers late!)

More unfavorable comments on the internet.  300 post comment threads appear on Audiogon.  Joe's wife calls it quits because she has not seen Joe for quite some time.  Bob can't do it alone.   

All of the above is true.  You may know some of the companies who have had such problems.  Yet every day I see new names.  You have to give these people credit, they keep trying.  Bless  them all.

Two things. 

1. I agree with you on the name. 
2. This is why I prefer to stick with blue chip brands. Sure there are diamonds in the rough that deserve recognition, but it can be hard to weed through the noise. My review of a certain DAC is on hold because the company won’t give me any information about itself. I don’t want to play a role in helping cause problems for this community. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png