IGNORED

Article: KEF's New LS50 Collection

I have - and LOVE - the smaller Kef LSX and was recently (literally last weekend) thinking of upgrading to the original LS50 Wireless. I was also considering the Dynaudio Xeo 20 or the ELAC Navis ARB-51. 

There is a lot to be said for a small form factor plug'n'play speaker for living room music. Same point as Chris made.

I'm definitely in the frame for these new mark II models. 

p.s.     Any idea as to availability - it just says pre-order on the Kef website. 

22 hours ago, ejlif said:

Hopefully they have worked out the bugs.  I have the original LS50W and LSX.  Both have had complete failures and had to be replaced.  Kef did take care of things so that is great.  I have had nothing but trouble with the Kef speakers though, wireless never worked basically with any consistency.  I ended up with a bluesound node 2i going to the digital input and they work fine.  I've also had Dynaudio Xeo 3 and 4.  the Xeos have never failed to work, no glitched no issues no dropouts nothing.  I think they sound better too, they are missing the connectivity options though you still need a streamer.  If Dynaudio could ever add Roon ready and spotify etc.  to the connect box they would really have something.  

Well, I have to say that my pair of LSXs have been flawless in terms of connectivity. Now that I'm working from home due to Covid-19, they are streaming for perhaps 10 or 12 hours a day. And they look great too - I have the piano gloss white.