IGNORED

Article: KEF's New LS50 Collection

Yeah, I've thought about them, too, but the LS50W are about $3600 where I live, which makes them a less appealing proposition.

Chris, if you are in contact with KEF ask them about Roon and the Wireless model. AFAIR, there have been issues for Roon users with multi-room and a couple of other small issues.

They seem to have been solved from what I see on the forums, but it would be useful for potential buyers to have this confirmed.

Also, it used  to be that they didn't play gapless - except for via Roon, as they outside of Roon they are using the UPnP protocol. Is this still true?

Resampling high rates internally: IME, not an issue with well engineered HW and SW, except for in the heads of some audiophiles. If they don't know it's happening, they don't hear it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

37 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

If these become RAAT certified by Roon, then I'm upgrading my Nocturne Edition pair. 

Just curious what makes you so sure the upgrade is worth it? What if it is only marginal for an existing owner?

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

35 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

I use a pair of the original LS50Ws with KEF R400b subs, and it works really well. The pair of subs cost about the same as the LS50Ws - £2000 in the UK. However, the new KF92 subs are twice as expensive and so a pair of them would be £4000 which seems a bit much relative to the speakers.

Sure, but you can also buy their 10b or 12b subs which are pretty much full range and cost a fraction of the price of the KF92. In fact you can buy 2 or 3 of them for that price. I'd guess for most LS50 users they'd be quite adequate.