IGNORED

Dead Can Dance SACDs, DSD downloads...

Anyone know of a source for downloads of the DSD files from the (out of print, of course) Dead Can Dance SACDs?  I have sent a note of to 4AD (the record company) encouraging them to release the files to download sites, certainly a flier, but why not...  It appears that the DSD re-masters are the best sounding digital versions of these albums.  The SACDs are awfully hard to get one's hands on these days...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Not a download but Discogs is my go to for most of my music purchases these days when I want something hard to find or something unmolested by the Loudness Wars.

12x DCD SACD Discs for sale right now. Haven't looked at all the offerings but I'd be surprised if they don't have any version you'd want:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1411160?ev=rb

A couple of years ago the entire set on EBay was ~$350...now only one set is listed at $700 and individually they add up to much more...A re-release would be welcome.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

14 hours ago, cjf said:

Not a download but Discogs is my go to for most of my music purchases these days when I want something hard to find or something unmolested by the Loudness Wars.

12x DCD SACD Discs for sale right now. Haven't looked at all the offerings but I'd be surprised if they don't have any version you'd want:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1411160?ev=rb

Yeah, I saw all these listings.  I am not really a fan of paying $100+ for used SACDs.  I have suggested to 4AD that the consider releasing the files for sale on download sites.  Considering the files are available out there on the web for free, being to able to actually pay for them, properly presented (in .dsf form, properly tagged) seems like it would make safe as they are no longer "in the vault" so to speak.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 1 month later...

Honestly, the high res FLAC versions are just as good, especially of the Dead Can Dance In Concert LP.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

2 hours ago, botrytis said:

Honestly, the high res FLAC versions are just as good, especially of the Dead Can Dance In Concert LP.

Two questions: where can one download these high res FLAC versions, and are they re-modulations of the SACD releases?

SONORE computer audio

Qobuz has 2. The CD versions are quite good also.

Not sure where they are from.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects