IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 10

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

Ha, thanks Chris!

Of course, as they say, you do your best editing AFTER submitting your work. The Marantz equipment I wish I still had, and which was my first was a 2230, not a 2030.

I actually thought that was the case, but let it go because the 2030 could've been the right one, but it's only a cassette player :~)

I'll update. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, ssh said:

" I have a very special vinyl album of Duke Ellington and Alice Babs in Paris in 1963 titled Serenade to Sweden that came to me via a friend of my dads from Leigh himself. It was the background music he would play during the time in-between songs and is absolutely beautiful music. "

Color me jealous!

Leigh and Lowell Pickett (the owner of The Dakota jazz club) are two reasons that the Twin Cities have had such a vibrant Jazz Scene.

I ripped that album to preserve it, but when Leigh passed I felt it was appropriate to play the vinyl itself. Its so achingly beautiful.

No electron left behind.

AudioDoctor,

Do you remember Hobb's House? It was a very late night show on WCCO that was broadcast from Mr. Hobb's house. I think that show may have been Leigh's inspiration.

Letting go of my 2270 was the worst audio mistake of my life. And I say this after also selling two MC-60 mono amps...

SSH

12 minutes ago, ssh said:

AudioDoctor,

Do you remember Hobb's House? It was a very late night show on WCCO that was broadcast from Mr. Hobb's house. I think that show may have been Leigh's inspiration.

Letting go of my 2270 was the worst audio mistake of my life. And I say this after also selling two MC-60 mono amps...

I do not remember that show, in my house the radio never left MPR and we didn't own a TV.

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, bbosler said:

available on Tidal

thanks... one of the reasons I come here, audiophiles who actually like music

Yep, it is. As is Morgan James new album, Memphis Magnetic.

A small label called Real Gone had it available on CD for a while as well, I bought one.

No electron left behind.

Well done @AudioDoctor Hope your move does well for you, and I look forward to your new room.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

4 hours ago, macaudiophile said:

Hi @AudioDoctor is there a particular reason why you are not using the onboard DAC module? is it the da1 or da2?

Thanks.

I have the DA2 module now, and of course it came with the DA1. The DA2 is used for the TV and its ARC connection, which I wouldn't use at all if I didn't have kids. I use the Schiit Yggdrasil to listen to music because I think it sounds better.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, digitaldufferme said:

Thanks from a jazz noob for the heads up on Serenade to Sweden. Listening to it on Qobuz and yes it's an achingly beautiful recording. Re Porsche... Give me an Austin Healey 3000 any day of the week, in fact if you're feeling generous I'll take one at the weekend too 😂🙌

Are you sure you're listening to it on Qobuz? I have never been able to find it there.

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 2:38 AM, AudioDoctor said:

I currently fly a small corporate jet for a family friend that owns two local companies that if I named, you would all know. Previously I practiced medicine in a local ER, and in the US Navy. Before that, I enlisted in the Marine Corps at the age of 17 and did my 4 years before being accepted into an ROTC program and attending the University of Michigan for both undergrad and medical school. .

So, an underachiever then !!😜🤣😁

Sound Minds Mind Sound

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Its easy when you're genuinely liking what you're doing I guess? Never really thought of it that way, I just do what interests me.

Absolutely, it's not work if you like it. It also helps if you have a few skills to go with it. In your case you could pilot the plane, manage a cardiac arrest on board and fight off a terrorist attack...and that's just before lunch !:)👌

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Just now, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Absolutely, it's not work if you like it. It also helps if you have a few skills to go with it. In your case you could pilot the plane, manage a cardiac arrest on board and fight off a terrorist attack...and that's just before lunch !:)👌

Thank god for autopilot if all of that happens at once on a 6 passenger plane!

No electron left behind.