IGNORED

I am having possibly the weirdest problem I have ever experienced regarding compuer based audio

I have had on very rare occasions stoppages with Roon > HQP Desktop. Just hit Play button in Roon starts the music again. Also had incidents requiring a reboot of music server.

What I see more often are brief dropouts (1-2 seconds) that I have not been able to find the source. I can go weeks without any dropouts and then have 2 in one evening. My streaming TV (YouTube TV) comes off the same switch as my music system and I never have a problem with TV streaming even with 4K material.

I realize this doesn't address your question but I am interested to hear from others on this topic.

Another oddity I have seen with one album is that music stops before the last track starts. The track is in the queue so baffled why it isn’t played. I can hit play button and the last track plays.

This album used to play fine for years but within the last few months this issue began and is repeatable. The file is located on my NAS and perhaps it got “corrupted”. (All of my music files are stored on NAS so no local vs streaming.)