OPTIMO_ATX - truly linear ATX power supply

3 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

@Marcin_gps with your Duo LPS being a competitive price point. Are you expecting your new ATX to be of similar price? or what commercial price point you trying to hit?

I am not trying to hit any price. With the level of quality and reliability we are are going to provide, we can't compete in terms of pricing. 

This is a pioneer product which does not have a competition. 

For now I can say that it will be more expensive than the OPTIMO 3 DUO. 

But it will deliver the sound that is not just a little bit better from today's solutions. 

More details to come... 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

so... for those of us with PCs similar to the CAPS server Chris built, is this even remotely enough to power it?

What's strange is the above specification says capable of 23amps, but then same it's capable of 95w TDP. (At 12v is circa 8amps. So maybe the it's not a continuous 23amps, maybe @Marcin_gps can confirm?

I currently use 10a LPS, (12v) & run my i9 9900k @5.0ghz with HQPlayer (128DSD) and HDPlex case. 

If JCAT is capable of continuous 23A then i9 10900k should work with ease, but will need good cooling, only passive case I know that can do that is Turemetal UP10. If using a CAPS watercooler or fans then it should work. 

3 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

What's strange is the above specification says capable of 23amps, but then same it's capable of 95w TDP. (At 12v is circa 8amps. So maybe the it's not a continuous 23amps, maybe @Marcin_gps can confirm?

I currently use 10a LPS, (12v) & run my i9 9900k @5.0ghz with HQPlayer (128DSD) and HDPlex case. 

If JCAT is capable of continuous 23A then i9 10900k should work with ease, but will need good cooling, only passive case I know that can do that is Turemetal UP10. If using a CAPS watercooler or fans then it should work. 

Optimo ATX nominal continuous output current will be 23A on each of main rails (12, 5 and 3.3V). The capability to support 95W processor platforms comes from Intel recomendations for power supplies.

image.png.3aa32318852ee9a2ed01d1302596f15e.png
 TDP has nothing to do with actaual power consumption of processor. It stands for Thermal Design Power it is more theoretical term describing the chip ability to generate heat.

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

6 hours ago, Patatorz said:

I’m using today an atx power supply to feed a server only (not player) and the impact of this atx is huge. Depending on the price not sure it would makes sense to me to invest. Perhaps more designed for people having a player/server based PC. Time and budget will tell 🙂

at this point of time, waiting for the netcard XE 🙂

anyway this is a really good move forward for audiophiles people. Congrats @Marcin_gps

Which ATX PSU are you using now? 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder