http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

https://forums.sonicorbiter.com/forum/support-for-sonore-products/announcements/487-introducing-sonore-microrendu-v1-5#post502

@vortecjr

What can you tell us about the new microRendu v1.5

Is there an new clock inside ? Same as in version 1.4 ?

• Improved two power converters and their associated capacitors (v1.5 only)
  • Improved the clock buffer to one used in opticalRendu (v1.5 only)
  • Improved the USB A jack to the through hole one used in other Rendu boards (v1.5 only)
  • Black enclosure with v1.5 silkscreened on the faceplate (v1.5 only)

$399 - amazing price! 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: 10Gtek FMC>Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

45 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

$399 - amazing price! 

Well, we need a confirmation if it’s using same clock as the rest of the Rendus. The Crystek CCHD-575 at a costs of $1

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Well, we need a confirmation if it’s using same clock as the rest of the Rendus. The Crystek CCHD-575 at a costs of $1

Yes, but consider the original Rendu was $675, the 1.4 upgrade something like $225, so at $399 no matter which Crystek it's using it's a great bargain if it sounds better than 1.4. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: 10Gtek FMC>Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

3 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

no matter which Crystek

Actually that’s the whole point. It’s the only thing that matter. So if the 1.5 isn’t using same clock as 1.4, I would say it’s probably a step back. 

I bet this product goes $399 with a LPS power and free shipping on Black Friday, and is addressing those that’s upgrade from a direct PC to DAC, to their first endpoint. (An expected good step up for most). 
Probably compete with some Pii and similar as well.

With a Crystek CCHD-575 it would be fantastic, but it’s not advertising with a clock upgrade, so it’s highly likely 1.5 is much closer to 1.3, than 1.4.  

Adding an ISOregen after will lift SQ. 

It did on 1.3. 

Out of 4 listed improvement, only 2 first may affect SQ. 

I am pretty sure its the Crystek 575 clock in it (or the best NDK one), it would not make sense to use anything else.

Having said that, why didn't they brag about it. "Crystek femto-clock with ultra-low phase noise" sounds good after all.

6 hours ago, MagnusH said:

I am pretty sure its the Crystek 575 clock in it

And I’m pretty sure it isn’t. 

it would not make sense to use anything else.

To us, but not to Sonore. Cause then no one would buy the ultraRendu. 

Having said that, why didn't they brag about it. "Crystek femto-clock with ultra-low phase noise" sounds good after all.

Exactly!

Cause there isn’t one. 

So we should make that the final conclusion. No presence of a Crystek CCHD-575 in version 1.5. 

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

To us, but not to Sonore. Cause then no one would buy the ultraRendu. 

You might be correct! From a technical price/performance viewpoint, the Crystek 575 or the best NDK (which is about $6) would be best, unless something new has come up which is even better. 

But once you consider marketing and existing products, all bets are off. A microRendu for $399 with good clock and good power does sound very good (I know, I have one myself) and would lower the price/performance of both ultraRendu and opticalRendu

But lets see if we can get a comment? Paging @barrows @vortecjr

I do not know anymore about this product than what is posted in this thread.  I suggest the best way to get a response from Jesus is to ask at the sonic orbiter forums.  I have not seen a mR 1.5 myself.

Note, the opticalRendu, and Signature Rendu SEoptical have 2 internal 575 Femto clocks... and many more ultra low noise linear regulation stages, additional isolation, and of course the optical interfacing.

But it sure looks to me like the mR 1.5 is going to be the high value winner, even with a Sonore Power Supply added in!

ROON: DSD 256-Sonore opticalModule-Signature Rendu optical--Bricasti M3 DAC--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY AC, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Orange Fuses, Dark Matter system clarifiers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio