IGNORED

New microRendu v1.5

I do not know anymore about this product than what is posted in this thread.  I suggest the best way to get a response from Jesus is to ask at the sonic orbiter forums.  I have not seen a mR 1.5 myself.

Note, the opticalRendu, and Signature Rendu SEoptical have 2 internal 575 Femto clocks... and many more ultra low noise linear regulation stages, additional isolation, and of course the optical interfacing.

But it sure looks to me like the mR 1.5 is going to be the high value winner, even with a Sonore Power Supply added in!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, MagnusH said:

But does it sound better than 1.4? The lack of a quality clock makes me somewhat doubtful of how it sounds (but I haven't heard it so its speculation).

I have not made a direct comparison between the 1.4 and 1.5, but I would highly doubt the 1.5 would sound better than the (limited edition) 1.4.  The 1.4 version was a big step better than the original µR.

The 1.4 should hold its value, I know I am keeping mine (used in my bedroom system)!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio