IGNORED

Issue with Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm With FX Audio DAC-DX6

Drake Berkley

Question

Hello, I have purchased a FX Audio DAC-X6 and when playing audio with my dt 770s, the audio always has a crackling static like sounds. It does not do it when not using the amp such as listening to music through my phone. I have heard people tell me to raise the buffer size but refuse to give me instruction on how to do so. I just want to know what is making this issue happen. It constantly is crackling as long as audio plays and only stops when not playing anything. Any advice helps! 

1 answer to this question

OK.  Let's review.  You have an FX DAC-X6 with DT 770S headphones plugged into it and you get a lot of crackling noise?  

The instructions about increasing the buffer size are generally related to the software program that you're using to play the music with.  

Meaning, the issue may not be with the hardware that you have, but with the software.  

I'm confused with the part where you say "It does not do it when not using the amp such as listening to music through my phone."

What does that mean?  How does the music you're playing from your phone or anywhere else get to the DAC?  Is there another piece of equipment that hasn't been mentioned?