IGNORED

Add music files to Music when dropped in folder

Sorry for my ignorance, but I have just updated from El Capitan to Catalina (new Mac), and by that from iTunes to Music. I used to drop new music into a folder called "Add automatically to iTunes", in the "iTunes Media" folder. Next time I launched iTunes, it would import those files automatically.

Import of existing iTunes library went smooth, but Music do longer automatically add new files to the library, they just stay in the folder "Add automatically to iTunes". Is this functionality still available, and can someone shed a light on how this is obtained in Music ??

All the best

Lars

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2014 / 16GB RAM / OSX El Capitan; Benchmark DAC2 HGC; NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC

Hi again,

Solved, I realized that I had imported my iTunes library from an external drive where the previous drop folder was located. As soon as the files were added to the local drop folder (now named Music instead of iTunes) everything worked.

Sorry for the inconvenience 🤨

Lars

Cheers

Lars

Mac Mini late 2014 / 16GB RAM / OSX El Capitan; Benchmark DAC2 HGC; NuForce Ref.9 V2 SE power amps; Avalon Eclipse Classic speakers.

Analog : SOTA turntable w/ Morch DP-6 tone arm / van den Hul FROG cartridge. Densen RIAA DP02 MC