IGNORED

Are Class D Amplifiers really "digital"?

4 hours ago, 57gold said:

Some one like Nord or Apollon or... will make a nice sounding, reasonably priced higher powered Purifi based amp when the new units are available.

afaik,

they are alrady available in different configurations (single power, dual mono, mono blocks, buffers/OP amps) with Nord, Apollon and Audiophonics in Europe as example. 
I've read VTV in the US do have the most price sensitive offer for stereo, while the Nord mono blocks are quite interesting given the low  £ - Sterling exchange rate at the moment. 
For the GaN, Orchard offers a competitive priced product which had quite a good review from Audio Xpress lately (compared it to PuRiFi).
Cheers, Tom

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, hopkins said:

The Audiophonics model, which I recieved today ( https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/amplificateur-de-puissance/audiophonics-hpa-s400et-amplificateur-stereo-class-d-purifi-2x400w-4-ohm-p-14393.html?search_query=purifi&fast_search=fs)  has these modules:  TI LM4562. The Purifi Eval Board has OPA1612. I believe the Nord has those as well. They can be swapped on the Audiophonics model. Any reason to prefer one over the other ?

Salut @Hopkins,

Nice to read that you've already received your Purifi amp.
I am very curious how you like it in comparison to your Lavardin integrated amplifier.
For some more specifics about op amps for the Purifi you may like to check out this review: https://bit.ly/3nxn3lQ
Cheers from the Loire valley
Tom

@hopkins

I had the pleasure of listen to the eval kit (with the Purifi transducers) and a Mola Mola pre/dac, sitting between Lars and Bruno (the designers). I was certainly impressed, from both of them and from the precise clarity of the Eigentakt. However I felt somehow impacted by sheer presence ;-) Nonetheless, I am considering the Apollon Purifi Mini as an upgrade path ...
Cheers, Tom