IGNORED

now that most of us are working from home...

Ghulamr

I catch myself listening to music in my office more than in my main listening room. Keeping the minimalistic approach and finding the weakest link (I believe it’s my powered speakers) - what are some good recommendations for an active/powered speakers under $1800? I am not into analytical sound, but want to enjoy the digital music for hours without fatigue. I listen to all genres, including pop and electronica. My office space is an outdoor glass structure around 200 sq.ft. Some on my radar are; Acoustic Energy AE1, Dynaudio Xeo2, Elac Navis, KEF LS50. I want to keep the focus on smooth, liquid, full/rich class A amp sound - and not that digital hiss or glare. My Jade DAC has that NOS r2r signature and want speakers that complement that sound signature. 

Current office set up:
Roon Core - dedicated to Roon only HP laptop
TIDAL subscription
Metrum Jade DAC/pre
KRK Rockit 5 powered speakers.

I use Ls50's near field in the office with a lowly 30W Naim Unitiqute version 1 and love them. So the active versions should be good. If you can wall mount them securely then even better. 

Yeah, with everybody working from home, I get the 'listening room' to myself very early in the morning or late at night, so more time listening in the office (as it should be actually). 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Your Rokits are pretty nice monitors - we use KRKs for all system monitoring (recording, live streaming etc) at the club in which I'm the house band leader because they're smooth, accurate, and easy to listen to all day long. I'm a lifelong LS3/5a lover with a pair of 15 ohm Rogers that I bought new the year they came out - so I do love KEF's approach to SQ in small boxes.  The LS50 is a wonderful little speaker, but I don't think it's worth the marginal cost over your KRKs compared to the Elacs or the Focals.  To improve significantly, I think you'd have to move up to something like the Elac Navis ARB-51 or the Focal Solo6.

spacer.png

Adam & AirPulse: 

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers