IGNORED

10TB Lifetime Backup On Sale $100

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

From Techradar:

Take Degoo Cloud for what it is – a backup service focused on photo uploads from mobile devices – and it scores relatively highly. If you're in the market for more sophisticated backup tools, however, then you'll probably have to look elsewhere for a solution.

FOR

• Available on multiple mobile platforms
  • Slick and intuitive interface
  • Free tier with 100GB of storage space

AGAINST

• Upload speeds can be hit and miss
  • No desktop application, just a web app
  • Short on serious backup features

If like me, you are just looking for an off site back up of music, photos, and some files, it seems like a good solution. And that price can't be beat.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

From Techradar:

Take Degoo Cloud for what it is – a backup service focused on photo uploads from mobile devices – and it scores relatively highly. If you're in the market for more sophisticated backup tools, however, then you'll probably have to look elsewhere for a solution.

FOR

• Available on multiple mobile platforms
  • Slick and intuitive interface
  • Free tier with 100GB of storage space

AGAINST

• Upload speeds can be hit and miss
  • No desktop application, just a web app
  • Short on serious backup features

Have you checked who owns this site? Small print? What rights do they have over your photos? For example are they used for advertisements in other countries etc? I could go on....but not a subject for here! 

4 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Have you checked who owns this site? Small print? What rights do they have over your photos? For example are they used for advertisements in other countries etc? I could go on....but not a subject for here! 

If I remember correctly, when you're a paying customer the content is encrypted so that neither Degoo nor anyone else other than you can see it.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 4 months later...

For the lifetime of their service, not your lifetime...  ;-)

I still think that my Brother and I have devised the perfect backup solution by sharing NAS space in identical units at each others houses. A NAS that can withstand submersion in water for days, and a hot fire. If both of them are taken out, we have far larger problems to deal with.

No electron left behind.

13 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

... A NAS that can withstand submersion in water for days, and a hot fire. If both of them are taken out, we have far larger problems to deal with.

Can I ask which NAS?  I do not see one in your profile.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Its not there because it's not part of my music system. 

https://iosafe.com/products/1019-nas/

It's not there because it's invisible as an anti-theft precaution. 😉

I do not think anyone would take it...it looks like a transformer.  Who needs that?

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

1 hour ago, jcbenten said:

I do not think anyone would take it...it looks like a transformer.  Who needs that?

I really doubt anyone would, nor am I worried about it. In fact, I don't think any criminal who broke into my house would find much to steal that they thought was valuable. Maybe my computer and a few ipads.

I'll make popcorn and watch if they want to try and carry the McIntosh out of the listening room...

No electron left behind.

From Tom’s Guide:

“Degoo’s biggest selling point is its generous storage amounts, both on its free and paid plans. But the lack of desktop apps, slow support, and basic functionality all around make it a weak choice if you want to do anything more than keep a backup of your phone’s photos. That said, it’s much cheaper than most comparable services, which could be a good enough reason to choose it. It also has great built-in security.”

On 1/14/2021 at 7:01 PM, AudioDoctor said:

For the lifetime of their service, not your lifetime...  ;-)

I still think that my Brother and I have devised the perfect backup solution by sharing NAS space in identical units at each others houses. A NAS that can withstand submersion in water for days, and a hot fire. If both of them are taken out, we have far larger problems to deal with.

With the ZFS filesystem, you can maintain hot remote mirrors (vdev) and then ala @R1200CL I use jottacloud as a backup.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

If we want to get sophisticated, some of this stuff is extremely cool. But it could run into money if you need multiple terabytes of storage:

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/rclone-power-moves-for-backblaze-b2-cloud-storage/