IGNORED

Trying to understand my Music Server

6 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

It depends on the operating system. Windows will always benefit greatly from updating the drivers, even if everything works. These are normal Intel drivers (I-350). The settings in the network adapter are more important. JCAT gives you a guide with the purchase. If possible, the card should be placed in the higher-quality PCIe slot, as this slot may be connected directly to the CPU.

Something like the USB CARD XE with an Emerald OXCO Clock? Do you have more information? The increase in SQ was enormous with the OXCO Clock.

I would be interested on your thoughts on how to use passive cooling for a twin XEON pc, perhaps another thread. 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

4 hours ago, Nenon said:

Have you seen this post? Not easy or cheap but it works... I have been using it for about 6 months with no problems at all. I don't push the CPUs to their limits, though. If I did, the Hdplex heatsinks would have troubles dissipating all the heat. 

The JCAT USB Femto card would be a step up from the motherboard USB output. The JCAT USB XE would be another level up. Pick the one that fits your budget. The PinkFaun USB bridge is another option, especially with their ultraOCXO, but that's even more expensive. They all benefit from a good external power supply.

BTW, do you know who made that computer? 

No I haven't seen the post on the dual processor and passive cooling, thanks for posting  It's a pity the top CPU isn't at the same distance from the wall as the bottom CPU, the extra length pipes aid the cooling. Nice job, I know how difficult it is to bend little pipes. 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA