Matrix Audio X sabre Pro MQA connect to II2s

Greetings to all fans of quality sound. I have a great request for you. As an amateur in the world of High End Audio, I can't find my way around composing my audio system.

I have been trying to complete my audio system for a long time so that I could play all currently available audio formats from PCM- (44 kHz), MQA to DSD 1024 natives.

What I use.

MacMini (2012) with Intel i7 (3615QM) 2.30GHz processor, 10.00 GB frame and 500GB SSD. I have Windows 10 Pro installed there. I don't use the MacOs operating system because it has limitations. It's true that I also have MacOs there, but through BOOT camp, I use Windows, the reason is that I want to use ASIO.

I can say that there are no problems with that - it's OK.

Only the necessary software for Windows 10 is installed in MacMini, nothing more, no unnecessary things, but mainly ROON LABS (I have purchased a lifetime license). I only use this computer on ROON.

The analog part - only very briefly, is composed of Classé components - 2x CAM 400 monoblock and CP800 MK2 preamplifier. Vivid Audio Oval K1 speakers. The main source of music is digital files that I have stored on the Synology DS 1815+ NAS with port aggregation. So it is connected to the 4x ethernet network via a switch - D-Link - DGS 1210-16, which supports port aggregation and thus 4 ports are reserved for aggregation. The local network is fast 1GB.

And this is where my problem begins !!!

As a D / A converter I bought a Matrix Audio Xsabro PRO MQA.

I connect this DAC USB to MacMini (Windows) ASIO. ROON will find it without any problems and I can currently play almost everything from PCM / MQA to DSD 512 (native)

I am very happy with this DAC and I am almost at the successful end of my endeavor, but I would like to know how to play DSD 1024 through Matrix. That is my problem.

I'm looking for something about the Matrix - some device -  which would have an Ethernet socket, through which I would connect it to the local network and the device would support RAAT (roon) but at the same time would have II2s output from which I would connect to input II2s in Matrix Audio X Saber. The Matrix has DSD 1024 (Nativ) support, but only through this II2S port, so if I want to play such a resolution I have to bring the file to this port.

I also heard a lot about the extension for ROON - HQPlayer 4 Desktop.

I don't know if I could configure it (HQPlayer 4 Desktop), but even if I can I always end up with connection problem - USB. Matrix via USB only DSD 512.

As a layman, I may misinterpret the whole thing, but in simplicity I would like to bypass USB, take the MacMini away to another room - (away from the analog part) and send units and zeros via the local network (DSD1024) to the II2s Matrix port which sends directly to the chip.

I got a recommendation to use this device - SparkDIGI LTE I2S Kali - KALI Reclocked Network Player I2S LVDS HDMI

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-audio-players-allo/sparkdigi-lte-i2s-kali-reclocked-network-player-i2s-lvds-hdmi-p-12132.html

However the device does not support RAAT - and that is problem.

Please forgive my unprofessionalism.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ANY ANSWER

IMG_4183.jpeg

IMG_1204.jpg

Nice system!

Total agreement to put macmini to pasture. Not so much agreement with DSD1024. After some time, the upsampling was tiring to listen to, far better to play files as is, anyway. There's a theory where high sample rates introduces brightness caused by noise as a mask for clarity....

To this end, and especially for redbook,  some dacs excel at this sample rate , a good indication that it can work at higher rates with equal performance.

IIS is a VERY short distance transmission like 3 inches, the rest is a form of LVDS with so many dizzying variations,  no DAC can accommodate them all. Personally I would forget this protocol and stick with AES 3, or the other variants of SPDIF. USB, the jury is still out on this, for DSD IMHO, it works, for PCM SPDIF has the edge of low fatigue factor.

I bought a Lumin U1 and have never looked back. Files store & Roon core on the one machine, directly cabled to the U1 and to DAC.  Done.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Hi, I also own the Matrix X-Sabre Pro (MQA). Its USB input is for my Euphony NUC and Roon. The IIS input is for my Windows computer running JPLAY and HQPlayer (I use a X-SPDIF 2 for the IIS input though DSD1024 is neither possible via the X-SPDIF 2). I am not the upsampling guy anymore. Not with this DAC atleast. So, when I boot the Windows computer I prefer JPLAY to HQPlayer.

Well, we should ask the Matrix Audio support how they have managed DSD1024 via IIS.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

When I bought the Matrix X Saber, I also bought the Matrix X-SPDIF 2 with it. But as you say, it has no support for either USB or I2S (DSD 1024).
A possible solution would be:
SINGXER - SU 2 - USB DSD1024 Digital Interface SPDIF AES / EBU I2S HDMI
https://magnahifi.com/de/singxer-su-2-usb-digital-interface-768khz-dsd1024-spdif-aes-ebu-i2s-hdmi/
This device has support for USB (DSD 1024) and I2S output.
Then connect this device to the Matrix X Saber via I2S

I asked the manufacturer a question about the connection - MacMini / SINGXER - SU 2 - USB DSD1024 / Matrix Audio X Saber as amended:

transfer when connected from MacMini to USB port then from my I2S output to my DAC (Matrix) DSD in native 1024?

The answer came very quickly !!! (great communication)

In fact, the Singxer will not touch the signal at all. It will only transport the USB Audio signal to I2S. If USB receives it natively, the I2S output will also be native DSD !

Thank you for mentioning the Singxer! Interesting device. The Accusilicon clocks seem to be the same. I wonder when you set the switch 2 (seems to be master/word clock) 'ON' if you can use then the X-Sabre Pro in slave mode as with the X-SPDIF 2.

Did you ask the Matrix Audio support or Singxer support? Maybe Matrix Audio will release a kind of X-SPDIF-3 soon.. 🙂 Preferebly with ethernet beside usb input and Roon-readyness. *I am just dreaming*

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 9:55 PM, satelitman said:

I really like your dream - X-SPDIF-3

I was talking to Cao Wei from Matrix Audio. There is no plan on updating the X-SPDIF 2 now. All their energy are used to the new mini-i series DACs at the moment.