IGNORED

Double optical bridge - best sound yet and I'm insane.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Charlesphoto,

Please may i applaud your efforts in 'exploring the boundaries', at least in my terms!

I too would like to follow your lead in a limited way and cascade a Cisco 2960 (8 port) into my etheRegen via SFP.

Please could you advise which Modules you are using for your cisco?

I am looking for a budget pair to experiment with , LC multimode probably.

12 minutes ago, Frojo said:

Hi Charlesphoto,

Please may i applaud your efforts in 'exploring the boundaries', at least in my terms!

I too would like to follow your lead in a limited way and cascade a Cisco 2960 (8 port) into my etheRegen via SFP.

Please could you advise which Modules you are using for your cisco?

I am looking for a budget pair to experiment with , LC multimode probably.

Out of the Cisco I'm using OEM multimode GLC-SX-MM SFP's that I picked up for about $5 on eBay. For the final opticalModule to opticalRendu I'm using single mode SFP's from Finisair, refurbished for about $25/ea. For the Cisco though, the most important thing is that they be Cisco coded, whether OEM or generic third party. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab.