IGNORED

Marantz introduced a new Integrated and SACD Player/Network player today

36 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

At last, an ON TOPIC  post by you that may be of interest to those wishing to make backup copies of their LP collection in case of accidental damage .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 9/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, R1200CL said:

I think you’re wrong here. They use their old design HDAM amps (Latest version) with SMPS.

https://www.marantz.com/-/media/files/document-master/marantzeu_product_documents/uk/marantz_model_30_info_sheet_eu.pdf

Not even sure this can be called class D

The HDAM modules form part of the pre-amp section; they're situated between the volume control and power amplifier sections to amplify and buffer line-level signals.  The power amp section uses two Class D amplifier modules from Hypex (NC500 OEM).

On 9/3/2020 at 11:35 PM, AudioDoctor said:

The 30 series consisting of the Model 30 Integrated Amp and 30n SACD player/network player.

The Integrated is using the Hypex Ncore class D amplifiers, meaning GUTB already hates it. The Network player does USB PCM up to 384khz and DSD to 11.2 Mhz.

Specs and all related info can be found here: https://www.us.marantz.com/en-us/30-series

Model30.png

Model 30n.png

For the price, I'm taken aback by the plastic faceplate and plastic knobs.

Gentlemen:  why so much urine at this end of the pool?

We have strong preferences for the type of equipment that sounds good to us.  So what?

Variety is good!

Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

Ethernet:  iMac/Roon > ... in-wall 5e ... > Sonore opticalModule [Sonore 5V LPS] > UpTone EtherREGEN + Cybershaft OP13 [UpTone JS-2 LPS] > Tambaqui ( = DAC/Roon Endpoint/preamp)

22 hours ago, lucretius said:

For the price, I'm taken aback by the plastic faceplate and plastic knobs.

i'm afraid that's not true -- the faceplate is not plastic and looks fabulous in person.  i can't testify to the knobs as i didn't actually touch them.

sources:  intel nuc8i7 (win10, roon core, hqplayer) (server) | intel nuc8i5 (audiolinux, naa) (renderer)
headphone rig:  schiit yggdrasil (a2, unison) > bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc2bp > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1
On 11/8/2020 at 6:01 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Have you seen one in person?

Not yet.  I was reading about the plastic in a review and a post on some forum:

https://alpha-audio.net/review/review-marantz-model-30-en-sacd-30n/

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/marantz-model-30-2-channel-integrated-amplifier-and-30n-sacd-player-and-network-smart-streaming.3168378/

I am hoping they are wrong.

3 hours ago, lucretius said:

ok, I was just curious.

No electron left behind...

On 11/9/2020 at 3:25 PM, jcn3 said:

i'm afraid that's not true -- the faceplate is not plastic and looks fabulous in person.  i can't testify to the knobs as i didn't actually touch them.

@lucretius -- looked at your first link, wow!  the second links says its metal.  when i ran my hand over the contoured part of the front face, it certainly didn't feel plastic.  i'll check again next time i'm in the local shop.

sources:  intel nuc8i7 (win10, roon core, hqplayer) (server) | intel nuc8i5 (audiolinux, naa) (renderer)
headphone rig:  schiit yggdrasil (a2, unison) > bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc2bp > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1