IGNORED

Marantz introduced a new Integrated and SACD Player/Network player today

On 9/5/2020 at 6:48 AM, AudioDoctor said:

Solid State amplifiers sucked at their inception as well...

Have you seen any other type of Class D amplifier ?

A Vacuum tube type should make many of the Vinyl brigade happy too  😉

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Are you also implying that they all suck?

Many of the cheaper ones could be used for artificial Gravity on the Space Station. 😋

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am about to buy this Marantz just to spite you and GUTB and PM you both daily about how great it sounds.

I was under the impression that you were a Vacuum Tube person ? In which case you may be disappointed with typical (NOT ALL) Class D offerings.

57 minutes ago, 4est said:

Does someone need to be one or the other?

Judging by many of the replies in this forum, many have strong preferences for one or the other, just as many have strong preferences for Vinyl over Digital.. 

On 9/5/2020 at 2:47 AM, GUTB said:

Class D? Embarrassing trash. I guess that's the state of Marantz.

I doubt that Ken Ishiwata would be happy about it if he was still alive , but for companies to prosper these days they need to find a way to reduce costs and respond to customer demand, even if ill informed.

Class D was mainly foisted on us by the energy reduction demands of the E.U. who we can probably also blame to a large extent for the proliferation of cheap and nasty SMPS wallwarts, even for L.E.D. lighting. It is however undeniable that many professional SMPS PSUs are very good, and don't pollute the A.C. mains supply either.

I am surprised that they didn't find a way too, to  completely BAN Class A S.S amplifiers and Vacuum Tube amplifiers while they were at it

1 hour ago, Rexp said:

Since Chris went to the trouble of adding a section for Analog components, I bet he was delighted to see this thread. 

I am nor sure that these 2 products really fit in here though, as Class D amplifiers and the SACD player use  Digital technology

Many who have asked for this area would have been thinking more along the lines of Vinyl ,and analogue Tape Decks for example

20 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Take one min and read second line in header of the forum 😀

For sure class D amps qualifies. 

SACD Players also have an Analogue area but they aren't included.

Besides which, Class D amplifiers have been well covered elsewhere for quite some time. I believe that the original intention was most likely purely Analogue devices without Digital conversions internally.. 

You can SHOUT all you like , but the original requests from many members were for a Vinyl section in what was basically a Digital forum ( Computer Audiophile)

On 9/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, AudioDoctor said:

The Integrated is using the Hypex Ncore class D amplifiers, meaning GUTB already hates it. The Network player does USB PCM up to 384khz and DSD to 11.2 Mhz.

Both of these components use switching technology . This area was a result of numerous requests for an all analogue area, with mainly Vinyl playback to discuss non switching (digital ) components which were not covered originally in Computer Audiophile. 

Pure Analogue components are items such as Turntables , and their Cartridges, Vinyl playback in general,RIAA Phono Preamps, Reel to Reel and Cassette decks. AM and FM Tuners , Analogue Preamps and Analogue Power Amplifiers..

1 hour ago, 4est said:

Perhaps you haven't noticed, this site is now Audiophile Style, and typically vinyl does have a lot of style to it.

I was simply pointing out that this section has been asked for many times previously, even well before the name change.

Although I no longer have vinyl,  due to the promises of immature Digital technology which >35 years later is still being refined, I believe that now that we are Audiophile Style forum , members should be entitled to an Analogue ONLY area, free of equipment with internal Digital processing where a purely analogue only version is available.

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Some of you are exactly why I never even considered becoming a psych Dr...

Is it too much to ask that  the many members who asked for this sub forum  be permitted a Digital free area ? 

There are already several other areas where you could have posted this thread.

36 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

At last, an ON TOPIC  post by you that may be of interest to those wishing to make backup copies of their LP collection in case of accidental damage .