IGNORED

Banksy, Picasso and All That Jazz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"SEOUL (NYT NEWS SERVICE).- The couple saw brushes and paint cans in front of a paint-splattered canvas at a gallery in a Seoul shopping mall. So they added a few brush strokes, assuming it was a participatory mural.

Not quite: The painting was a finished work by an American artist whose abstract aesthetic riffs on street art. The piece is worth more than $400,000, according to the organizers of the exhibition that featured the painting.

Now it’s hard to tell where the artist’s work ends and the vandalism begins. “Graffitied graffiti,” a local newspaper headline said last week."

Before and after.

couple-2.jpg

Couple who defaced $400,000 painting thought it was a public art project

7 hours ago, GregWormald said:

It was a participatory mural. It's just that the first artist didn't know.x-D

Anyway something tells me that after what happened, the value of this painting has increased to at least $600k x-D

4 hours ago, MetalNuts said:

I think I can appreciate the work of Banksy as an ordinary person with an ordinary mind but I am afraid that I do not have such an extraordinary mind to tell myself how to appreciate the work of Picasso.  😁

Early Picasso e.g. from his blue period..

Picasso's Blue Period | Picasso blue period, Picasso art, Picasso blue

..is pretty nice IMO, as for his cubism - although in many ways behind/after Braque, he was ahead of his times. For me he still is ahead of our times 9_9 - not attractive! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, accwai said:

Umm... Shouldn't that be In the future, everybody will want to be anonymous for 15 minutes?

Dunno.. anyway both options are terrifying.

"Bryan Adams photographs Cher, Grimes and Iggy Pop for Pirelli calendar. Jennifer Hudson, St Vincent and other music stars also feature in touring-themed photoshoots conceived by rocker-photographer"

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/aug/06/bryan-adams-photographs-cher-grimes-and-iggy-pop-for-pirelli-calendar

Behind the scenes of the 2022 Pirelli calendar, with Bryan Adams photographing Iggy Pop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is no day without Banksy on the news. 

A terminally ill man who was wrestled to the ground by six police officers after he mooned a speed camera has been honoured with a suspected Banksy mural.

"Darrell Meekcom, 55, created a bucket list of things he wanted to do before he dies after receiving the tragic news in October that he has multiple system atrophy.

One of the items on his list was to “moon” a speed camera, but police did not see the funny side, coming to arrest him after the incident.

In shocking footage, six officers can be seen pinning Meekcom to the ground as he calmly explains his actions.":

A terminally-ill man was arrested by six police officers in his back garden after flashing his bum at a speed camera.

I guess they can't remove a part of the bridge, can they.?

9_9

• 2 weeks later...