IGNORED

Red Underwear, Cheap Fiats and Other Moto Stuff

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

The electric fan car is ridiculous.

edit: I also think it's important to note that the electric Cayman GT4 race car went faster than the 911 GT3 Cup car...

You want ridiculous?

On 7/3/2022 at 5:19 PM, AudioDoctor said:

The electric fan car is ridiculous.

I know exactly what you mean by ridiculous. That said, from a design and engineering perspective it is rather impressive.

Some more details for anyone interested:

And this:

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:49 PM, PYP said:

The bales of hay are reassuring.  The Jag looks like a flying beer can!  Would that be analog?

Most definitely analog, and nothing wrong with that!

The bales of hay are also analog, very analog indeed. 

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

20 minutes ago, Confused said:

I know exactly what you mean by ridiculous. That said, from a design and engineering perspective it is rather impressive.

Some more details for anyone interested:

And this:

very cool!  Nice acceleration.  Do you need a forehead restraint?    

Years ago I read about an electric motor that could be fitted to each wheel, but have not seen any press on that lately.  Maybe not commercially viable.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

22 minutes ago, Confused said:

Most definitely analog, and nothing wrong with that!

The bales of hay are also analog, very analog indeed. 

let's enjoy everything analog before we enter the Metaverse permanently.  

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Yeah, only hard core! 😉 I want this one:

They don't mention how many speakers it has.  Do you know?  Whatever the number, I'm sure it would be described as "insane."  

2 hours ago, PYP said:

They don't mention how many speakers it has.  Do you know?

Sorry, I can only guess.. Atmos 7.1.4 with 3 speakers per channel.?

Well, knowing car audio aficionados love for bass, let me make it 7.2.4 with 4 subs per bass channel..

2 hours ago, PYP said:

Whatever the number, I'm sure it would be described as "insane."

I would say there is 70% chance for "insane", 20% chance for "wild" and 10% for "unbelievable" but all in all the guy's vocabulary is insanely 😎 diverse! 😁

10 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Sorry, I can only guess.. Atmos 7.1.4 with 3 speakers per channel.?

Well, knowing car audio aficionados love for bass, let me make it 7.2.4 with 4 subs per bass channel..

All controlled by that insane, wild and unbelievable gizmo embedded in the steering wheel.   Wow, that is insane, wild and unbelievable!  

Vanity Fair:

Louis Hamilton is behind the wheel and I am his passenger. This experience is not entirely as you might expect. First, there’s the car we are in. He knows that people expect him to have some kind of cool sports car, and he did have cars like that when he was younger. But these days his vehicle of choice for trips like this is a tiny electric Smart car, made by his team’s parent company, Mercedes. Second, on open roads, Hamilton is an achingly sensible and careful driver, never speeding and frequently pulling over to let impatient drivers pass. Third, as he explains, he actually doesn’t like driving. Not this kind, the kind the rest of us do, with traffic in two directions, and pedestrians, and junctions, and nothing clear-cut to prove. In fact, he rarely does it. “I just think that I find it stressful,” he says. “I try not to do things that don’t add to my life.” And then he adds—a statement said with sincerity—“Look, we’re on these roads, anything can happen.”

After a while, we find ourselves in the outskirts of Nice, down toward the harbor. “This is now stressful for me,” he says. “This road is crazy. So much going on here. I’m going to turn around in a second.” 

😎

Throughout hair products by Ampro Pro Styl grooming products by Evolve Organic Beauty.

• 1 month later...

"Shares in Porsche rose in their trading debut this morning, after the sports car maker priced its initial public offering at the top end of its expected range last night. The long-awaited offering was an increasingly rare bright spot for I.P.O.s, but it may not be enough to revive the moribund market on its own.

Porsche’s stock opened at 84 euros, up nearly 2 percent over its I.P.O. price. (Fun fact: The company’s stock ticker, P911, and overall share count of 911 are nods to its iconic 911 model.) Underwriters had expected strong demand for some time: The deal’s order book was oversubscribed within hours of being opened last week. Investors clamored for a piece of the I.P.O., with some going so far as to send pictures with their 911s to prove their Porsche fandom.

Among the points that Porsche emphasized during its I.P.O. roadshow were its healthy operating profit margins of 20 percent and the success of its battery-powered Taycan sedan, the first of what is expected to be many electric vehicle models in the modern era."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 9:27 PM, sphinxsix said:

I must say that the title of this article has made me raise my eyebrows..

Women better than men at operating driverless cars, study finds

Just like this..

"The 45-year-old woman had stepped out of her car in a residential area in St Gallen in northeastern Switzerland, probably in order to get something out of the boot, regional police said, according to the Swiss news agency ATS.

But then the car, which was on a slight slope, began rolling backwards.

The woman had attempted in vain to stop the vehicle, before falling to the ground and was run over a first time.

The car had then rammed into another vehicle and rebounded back in the opposite direction, running over the woman a second time, police said.

But the car then hit a sidewalk, sending it back towards the woman and running her over a third time, before finally hitting a wooden barrier and coming to a halt.

Swiss woman, 45, was run over three times after she got out of her car and left the engine running

This was clearly a non-driverless car.. (but without a driver)