IGNORED

Red Underwear, Cheap Fiats and Other Moto Stuff

Oh, and since that picture he (finally!) hit puberty.  Late bloomer like me.  Much taller and no chubby cheeks!

Just realized that other than the braided lines there isn't anything red under there :)

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Wonderful stuff.  For me I suppose one out of three sons isn't bad.  He is my future aeronautical or mechanical engineer pilot.

Your picture reminds me of working with my father when I was that age.  Guessing your age, I think one of those could have been me!

I saw a recent quote:

"You think you can hurt my feelings?  I used to hold a flashlight for my Dad."  :) 

I tried to resist that phenomenon (and think I did better than mine), but I can't say I was perfect.....!

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Oh- and "slow cars fast."  That is the way to go!

Bill

:)

Our oldest is a musician.  Much more difficult path than college, graduate school, life.

Note the Duane Allman memorial chops (worships him)....should have shown a picture of him playing slide.

One of my most gratifying projects was drawing out the schematic of the lead channel of the Fender Bassman "blackface" amp and building it as a head, point to point.

E70A5796-Edit.thumb.jpeg.b68e12679e1c0214f4a7f69800cf72a9.jpeg

Uh-oh.  Just realized this is supposed to be a car thread!  Sorry!

1 minute ago, PYP said:

That took me back, way back :)   My older brother always had homework (he did, he just didn't do it).   Think this is why I never got interested in cars.  But there was an upside:  my Dad also assembled/built his own stereo and it was my introduction to great sound.

It was amazing how many men related to that one!  As an OCD overachiever I tried so hard to be perfect! :)

I'll stop now :)

Sorry again for the thread-clutter.

Bill

Wow @PYP, you are blessed with great memories.  Great sharing!

@bluesman, he worships at the altar of all things Duane Allman (second would be Coltrane- you can hear the chord changes of his "My Favorite Things" on lots of his stuff).  Has read the books, all the stories, and with his great memory is a font of knowledge.  He was such musician, such a virtuoso.  I have all the boxed sets (Fillmore, SUNY, Atlanta Pop, the "Skydog" boxed set with all of his work as a sideman, etc.).  The stories from the Muscle Shoals session guys of when he was there are great.

He has gone deep into the discography, but for years listened to this track at least daily.  Wonderful:

I have never seem a 7 string Les Paul.  Cool.  He is of course Gibson through and through.  Les Paul, with an SG for slide work.

Building the Bassman as a head was cool.  He had a 5 watt Gries combo, single 12", just plugs the head into the speaker, so pretty compact and plenty for the venues he plays, though can mic it for larger.

Your description of making music as a unit is so good.  Even playing trumpet in the HS band gives a glimpse of it.  It is heaven for him.

@PYP, think we are all feeling nostalgic in good ways.

@sphinxsix kick us out or censor us if you want!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go, fellas.  Don't miss your chance at this beauty!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-fiat-uno-2/

Bill