IGNORED

Red Underwear, Cheap Fiats and Other Moto Stuff

3 hours ago, bluesman said:

I fully support that.

I was able to get one of the few Z3 coupes that came to the US.  A close friend had a ‘98 M Coupe, and I thought the body was gorgeous.  But I didn’t want the intensive maintenance the M required (like adjusting solid lifters and a host of other old school issues now long gone from Ms), and he had a few failures (brakes and electrical) in year 1.   So I set my sights on a Z3C.  

I happened to be passing a BMW dealer in ‘99 and spotted her parked against the wall. I made an immediate U turn across a 4 lane road, pulled up to confirm her identity, called my wife, and told her I’d be a few hours late because I was buying a new car.

I truly loved that car even though we came from different cultures.  I’m a 42 long and Gretel was a 40 regular at best.  She was rather high maintenance when we met, with 13 warranty visits in the 1st 18 months for serious stuff like a failed transmission, a rear sway bar mount that fell off rather loudly at speed in a turn, and 3 episodes in which every warning light on the dash came on at once.  I hate unreliability in my street cars.  But she was the sexiest car I ever had and true love won out for us both.  She softened her attitude and behaved perfectly for the rest of our years together.

Our relationships with cars could also support an objective vs subjective forum.  My main objective metric for how much I love a car is how many failures I’ll tolerate before replacing it.  Curiously enough, that seems dependent on the purely subjective and unmeasurable thrill I get when it’s running fine and whether I still love to see it in my garage when it’s not.  I still have a few pieces of audio gear that I never use but love having.

I have driven both the Z3M and Z4M coupes and loved them both. If I had the space I would probably own a Z4M coupe.

No electron left behind.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:57 PM, accwai said:

If one must have that one more car, this would be a rather cost effective option:

xred_corvette_car_lift.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

I am building a bigger garage now, this may be an option to fit more than 3 cars in there. It may be dependent upon building codes and such because I live in the city.

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PYP said:

reminds me of a southwest version of Mona Lisa Vito.  She knew her way around car engines too.  

image.png.ddf63f159a211c7b64a60d83836b02b0.png

Man, that is one of my favorite movies and actresses.

Now about the youtube chick, I am very impressed with her knowledge and skills. The Air Force taught her well.

No electron left behind.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 4:41 PM, AudioDoctor said:

I wish this was cheap...

classiccarvoyage_242142769_111170231311538_822368570899085997_n.jpg

classiccarvoyage_242188735_968923443982800_4881485722904463004_n.jpg

classiccarvoyage_242343381_902387080690430_3245600524623204473_n.jpg

Quoting myself here because I made a discovery, and all things being relative, it may just be cheap...

GTO Engineering, in England, is making a revival version of the California Spyder. Though I am positive it will cost near a million USD that's significantly less than an original California Spider.

https://www.gtoengineering.com/revival

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, accwai said:

Hold on... Did the guy push the car deeper into the garage, close the car door then close the side door of the house? So the car is sitting in the garage in neutral and no hand brake, and no garage door behind it right? So what would stop some passerby from rolling the car out and putting in on a trailer?

Who would want to steal that car?

No electron left behind.

16 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I thing I'd prefer old (no " ") GT40, he's got this self assured, relaxed smile on its face, Lola's face looks like a hungry, confused and  disgusted fish..

Also check out the color of the GT40's wheels...

B|

ford-gt40-le-mans.jpg

I wouldnt turn that down either...

Interesting side fact. Porsche will paint a car either Gulf Orange, or Gulf Blue, but not both.

No electron left behind.