IGNORED

Red Underwear, Cheap Fiats and Other Moto Stuff

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

14 hours ago, accwai said:

And speaking of Toyota...

...they just won their 4th consecutive Le Mans last weekend. Despite their second car got punted off the track right at the start, they still managed to finish 1-2 by flattening the whole field. Toyota had a live stream on YouTube from each of their cars for the duration of the whole race but essentially the pair was circulating the track passing anything in sight in total nonchalance. Not much mention from external coverage other than the occasional Oh yeah, Toyota's still 1-2 overall. While the professionalism that Toyota displayed was jaw dropping, there won't be a Toyota vs The World movie any time soon that's for sure...

I'm sure they are very happy that Porsche dropped out of this type of endurance racing!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
12 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Forget Tesla or the Leaf, the 1947 Nissan Tama electric car was the first EV.

Sorry, not even close.:P

Ferdinand Porsche designed an EV in 1898 and even that wasn't the first.

12 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I'm not sure, we the audiophiles appreciate enough the fact that our gear has been electric almost since its beginning..

I had a wind-up record player that I refurbished and then had to leave behind when I moved to Australia.

And given that until recently our South Australian electricity was produced by gas or coal ... 

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

This was a hybrid car, the difference between pure EV and hybrid is like between lossless and almost lossless, eg MQA, my friend 😉

Sorry, no again. The hybrid was in 1901 and was the first hybrid ever, the 1898 was a pure EV. I'm afraid that Nissan is a long way behind.

From the Porsche history—

The first-ever Porsche-designed electric car could not have been more different to the Porsche Taycan of today. Revealed to the public in 1898, the Egger-Lohner C.2 Phaeton was powered by an octagonal electric motor that produced up to five PS, could hit a top speed of 35km/h and a range of around 80km.

• 2 weeks later...