IGNORED

Surprising Budget Audiophile Product!

GUTB

hmm - battery power to your audio system....

stromtank-s1000-generator-feature_2000x.jpg?v=1590470083

Stromtank. Designed by the gent who actually designed MBL speakers. He sold the company and went into alternative energy and started working LiPO4 batteries and they are perfect for audio.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

9 minutes ago, botrytis said:

hmm - battery power to your audio system....

stromtank-s1000-generator-feature_2000x.jpg?v=1590470083

Stromtank. Designed by the gent who actually designed MBL speakers. He sold the company and went into alternative energy and started working LiPO4 batteries and they are perfect for audio.

I listened to the Stromtank at the LA Audio Show (one of those in LA anyway) in 2018 or 2017. It was the big one, and I forget the rest of the system...I was pretty impressed with the sound. Of course the problem with such systems is that of course they're going to sound great so I didn't know how much to attribute to the Stromtank. I remember explicitly thinking that battery isolation from mains was the best way forward, just not at THOSE prices.

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

So, you've now become a member of the NSW Police State, Alex ... well done!

While you're in the business of telling me on what I can and can't do, how about advising me on how many times I can go to the toilet during the day, and how often I must change my underwear - surely life is not worth living, unless there is a rigid set of rules that determine everything ... eh? 🤪.

That's bullshit Frank. You should read the online news more often or get up to date in this area.!

These days you can't even toot the car horn even once  as you arrive or leave .without risking a fine. 

No, I don't agree with some of the powers the Police have in these areas, however many of these powers have resulted due to accidents involving children.

It would appear that I have upset you by pointing out that the Inverter you purchased is really only suitable for short time use when away from mains power and was never designed to do what you require of it.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

6 minutes ago, sandyk said:

It would appear that I have upset you by pointing out that the Inverter you purchased is really only suitable for short time use when away from mains power and was never designed to do what you require of it.

What you do think I require of it?

1 minute ago, fas42 said:

What you do think I require of it?

You have already stated what you hope to use it for in an earlier post.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 9/1/2020 at 8:54 AM, fas42 said:

I have a 2000W inverter here, 'pure' sine out, bought at a very reasonable price, running off 12V batteries - bought for sensible reasons, like the tree crashing down in the neighbourhood knocking out the mains locally; but it could be interesting to see what it does for the audio system ...

So, you have an issue with this?