Jump to content

Surprising Budget Audiophile Product!


Recommended Posts

I give you, potentially, the greatest thing in affordable audiophile upgrades in the last decade:

 

image.png.fc96dd8f1a7dcd3e87b6bda186a77312.png

 

This is a full 15-amp, lithium battery-powered generator with a pure sine wave generator. Designed to replaced gas generators at construction job sites it's guaranteed to be affordable. This is going to DESTROY the ridiculously overpriced audiophile battery power supplies. It can feed large power tools drawing a full 15 amps, meaning it can handle power amps. It takes one or two lithium battery packs.

 

 image.png.2e4c6fe08e03a2e4cf4c36e0fee13159.png

 

Now, it remains to be seen if this thing dumps a bunch of noise into the outlet and thereby ruins audio quality. The use of a pure sine wave generator is a good sign. It's not out yet, but I'm probably going to be an early adopter. If it ends up being a good-sounding component this could be the greatest budget audiophile upgrade easily in the last 10 years.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The quality of the output waveform, especially when under load, will determine whether it's a gain. Very well sorted filtering, added on, may give you the necessary quality - but why don't just do that for the mains supply coming from the wall?

 

I have a 2000W inverter here, 'pure' sine out, bought at a very reasonable price, running off 12V batteries - bought for sensible reasons, like the tree crashing down in the neighbourhood knocking out the mains locally; but it could be interesting to see what it does for the audio system ...

 

So, not new as an idea.

Frank

 

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

 

 

Over and out.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Battery power comparo with Goal Zero Yeti 400, PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 20 (P20) and Stromtank S2500.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0119/Goal_Zero_Yeti_400_Lithium_Portable_Power_Station_Review.htm

 

Sell your $$$ cables and conditioners... affordable LITHIUM is here!

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/sell-your-cables-and-conditioners-affordable-lithium-is-here

 

Is this guy any good?

 

https://www.amazon.com/Goal-Zero-Portable-Generator-Alternative/dp/B00D5RVMAM

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1043819-REG/goal_zero_gz_23000_yeti_400_solar_generator.html

 

Their Yeti 1000 Lithium seemed to be a pretty good deal

 

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/56901-solar-charged-battery-system-providing-electricity-for-audio-system/?tab=comments#comment-977727  

On 8/2/2019 at 12:01 AM, Nsxturbo said:

It is literally no contest the pure sine wave inverter run off battery power only is dramatically better than my dedicated AC circuit in every measure of listening enjoyment. I would equate it from going from a  crappy smps to a high grade linear supply. Blacker background, more refined purer tone, much deeper bass with way more musical density. and much more information retrieval. The soundstage is much broader and way deeper, classical music is portrayed with a much more accurate sense of scale and with much better delineation between the musicians. There is no smearing of things as the music gets more complex.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 6:15 AM, JoeWhip said:

I will wait for the audiophile version with furetech outlets and unobtanium wiring.

 

They do have one with Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) for $2,800 and maximum output should be 500W

 

https://www.honda.co.jp/battery/music/

 

Now could the term "budget" be relative or what?

 

Battery charger = $199

 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-MX-FUEL-Lithium-Ion-Charger-MXFC/311710366

 

6.0A battery = $599

 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-MX-FUEL-Lithium-Ion-REDLITHIUM-XC406-Battery-Pack-MXFXC406/311710012

 

3.0A battery = $349

 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-MX-FUEL-Lithium-Ion-REDLITHIUM-CP203-Battery-Pack-MXFCP203/311723674

 

3,600W / 1,800W Carry On Generator = $10,000

 

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/96509351

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 8:54 AM, fas42 said:

I have a 2000W inverter here, 'pure' sine out, bought at a very reasonable price, running off 12V batteries - bought for sensible reasons, like the tree crashing down in the neighbourhood knocking out the mains locally; but it could be interesting to see what it does for the audio system ...

 

The Audio system and lighting  is about all it's good for, (IF you can access them ONLY)  as it would most likely even have trouble powering a domestic  fridge ( if at all) for more than a few hours.

It should be able to power a Microwave for intermittent use though.

Do the Maths and you will see that even 2 parallel 12V car batteries won't be able to power it for long either. 

 In  a longer term blackout such as locally fallen  down trees , keeping perishable food  safe is far more important than listening to music or watching TV

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sandyk said:

 

The Audio system and lighting  is about all it's good for, (IF you can access them ONLY)  as it would most likely even have trouble powering a domestic  fridge ( if at all) for more than a few hours.

It should be able to power a Microwave for intermittent use though.

Do the Maths and you will see that even 2 parallel 12V car batteries won't be able to power it for long either. 

 In  a longer term blackout such as locally fallen  down trees , keeping perishable food  safe is far more important than listening to music or watching TV

 

Ah, the magic is that the battery is either connected via jumper leads to another one, as normally fitted to one of our vehicles - or the inverter leads are directly bolted to that car battery. Start the car, let it idle - will quite happily supply what's needed 🙂. The former method has already been used about 3 times - just another version of a camp generator.

 

Have already tested the inverter on our big fridge, and it will boil water for a coffee, using our 1100W microwave - a bit of petrol to keep the house power running where needed is a small price for normality ... in our area we get nasty winds at this time of the year - and it's good to know that we can keep things in order indefinitely ....

Frank

 

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

 

 

Over and out.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Have already tested the inverter on our big fridge, and it will boil water for a coffee, using our 1100W microwave - a bit of petrol to keep the house power running where needed is a small price for normality ... in our area we get nasty winds at this time of the year - and it's good to know that we can keep things in order indefinitely ....

 

 It's illegal here to have a car engine running when unattended, even for a minute

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, we already have a 27kw generator that runs the entire house in the event of a power outage. Runs off the natural gas line to the house. Of course, we never needed to use it for the first three years. The last couple of years, we were without power for a couple of days in a row a few times. Looked into solar but due to the fact that we live on the side of a hill that has tons of trees on it, Tesla told us not to bother as in the winter months we would get nothing. We would have solar in a minute if it made any financial sense. Now back to the fun and games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 3:32 PM, GUTB said:

I give you, potentially, the greatest thing in affordable audiophile upgrades in the last decade:

 

image.png.fc96dd8f1a7dcd3e87b6bda186a77312.png

 

This is a full 15-amp, lithium battery-powered generator with a pure sine wave generator. Designed to replaced gas generators at construction job sites it's guaranteed to be affordable. This is going to DESTROY the ridiculously overpriced audiophile battery power supplies. It can feed large power tools drawing a full 15 amps, meaning it can handle power amps. It takes one or two lithium battery packs.

 

 image.png.2e4c6fe08e03a2e4cf4c36e0fee13159.png

 

Now, it remains to be seen if this thing dumps a bunch of noise into the outlet and thereby ruins audio quality. The use of a pure sine wave generator is a good sign. It's not out yet, but I'm probably going to be an early adopter. If it ends up being a good-sounding component this could be the greatest budget audiophile upgrade easily in the last 10 years.

 

 

 

 

Only $2000.00 

The Truth Is Out There

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

Actually, we already have a 27kw generator that runs the entire house in the event of a power outage. Runs off the natural gas line to the house. Of course, we never needed to use it for the first three years. The last couple of years, we were without power for a couple of days in a row a few times. Looked into solar but due to the fact that we live on the side of a hill that has tons of trees on it, Tesla told us not to bother as in the winter months we would get nothing. We would have solar in a minute if it made any financial sense. Now back to the fun and games.

 

Hi Joe,

 

I drive a Tesla, so they were the first folks I called about solar a couple of years ago.  I love the company and can't imagine driving anything else, but their solar team is terrible--almost completely incompetent.  Obviously, I do not know your particular house, but in general, solar economics are extremely attractive with annual returns (IRR) of 15-20%.  To anyone who has a reasonably sunny roof in the summertime, I recommend calling 2-3 local installers and asking them to let you know what your economics would be.  They can run the numbers on their computer just using your address and electric bill, they don't even need to visit for a preliminary quote.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peter, we did. The other companies agreed with Tesla’s assessment. However, they were more than willing to sell us an expensive system that would give us virtually no power for 4 months of the year and still not enough during the summer to run the house  without taking from the grid. One of the Tesla engineers called me from Nevada and told me, given the cost of power here that he wouldn’t do it if he was me. I will revisit it again as the solar roof tech continues to improve. Oh, our family has 3 Teslas and I would love to charge them all with solar. I don’t have time for a 50 year ROI. BTW, the companies came out and did a site survey, the pictures showing the path of the sun each month said it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fas42 said:

 

You surprised me with that, but the key bit is "on a road" - anything which is for public use of a vehicle.

 

 No. You will find that it doesn't just apply to on the road. It can even be in a Service Station or McDonalds for example (FACTUAL!) and probably in your own yard if they feel the need to catch up on revenue.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Why not install solar power !

 

Edit: ops someone already did. 

 

 That will not help in the event of an outage where you need refrigeration etc.; as the Solar is tied in with the A.C. mains supply and will not provide power in it's absence. This is governed by Legislation in many countries.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020

Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked into the Tesla Batteries as a way to store power for backup and learned that they require a constant on internet connection to home or they don't output any power, making them useless as a backup for anything if the power goes out.

 

My dream is to have both solar and wind powering a house, and feeding back into the grid with enough storage to run the house for a while. NIMBYs hate wind power unless its someplace else where they can't see it.

No electron left behind...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm NOT getting the Yeti 1000, the seller canceled the order stating it was defective....sigh. I guess I could get a Chinese unit, there's LifePo4 unit on Aliexpress for $600 but it's too small to power an amp for a significant amount of time...I should just wait for Milwaukee unit. 

 

Something I always wondered was WHY there isn't a gas generator with a battery and a smart charger connected between the two so that the generator turns on only as needed to charge the battery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sandyk said:

 No. You will find that it doesn't just apply to on the road. It can even be in a Service Station or McDonalds for example (FACTUAL!) and probably in your own yard if they feel the need to catch up on revenue.

 

To be pedantic about it,

 

Application to vehicles and combinations on roads and road-related areas. The Vehicle Standards apply to motor vehicles, trailers and combinations on roads and road-related areas.
8 What is a road
A road is an area that is open to or used by the public and is developed for, or has as one of its main uses, the driving or riding of motor vehicles.
9 What is a road-related area
A road-related area is any of the following:
(a) an area that divides a road;
(b) a footpath or nature strip adjacent to a road;
(c) an area that is open to the public and is designated for use by cyclists or animals;
(d) an area that is not a road and that is open to or used by the public for driving, riding or parking vehicles.

 

Which is why service stations, and fast food outlets fit ... only the very last bit could be stretched by a skillful legal chappy, to include a car on private land. But if they do that, every garage and vehicle servicing establishment is then dead in the water ... 😉.

 

The rules have always allowed police to get as nasty as they like, if they feel in the mood - the concept of entrapment then arises, and has frequently occurred. And people have gone to court, and won, because it was just obviously getting too silly.

Frank

 

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

 

 

Over and out.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, fas42 said:

The rules have always allowed police to get as nasty as they like, if they feel in the mood - the concept of entrapment then arises, and has frequently occurred.

 

I think you will find that Police CAN  fine you for doing this even in your own driveway, and you will NOT win. 

 Ir will come down to SAFETY and the possibility of the car while unattended ,.rolling down the driveway on to the footpath or road, so forget the idea of using a car to power household essentials during an outage unless a licensed driver remains with the car, and even then, you must remain within a metre or 2 of the car in NSW

Neither are most Inverters of the type that you are using designed for continuous running, and may overheat and fail.

 All that your Inverter is good for at home is short term use powering items like a Microwave , and watching a TV etc.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 28-06-2020

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I looked into the Tesla Batteries as a way to store power for backup and learned that they require a constant on internet connection to home or they don't output any power, making them useless as a backup for anything if the power goes out.


Here in Norway we convert used electric car batteries to power banks. Check google. I’m sure you find kits for this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sandyk said:

 

I think you will find that Police CAN  fine you for doing this even in your own driveway, and you will NOT win. 

 Ir will come down to SAFETY and the possibility of the car while unattended ,.rolling down the driveway on to the footpath or road, so forget the idea of using a car to power household essentials during an outage unless a licensed driver remains with the car, and even then, you must remain within a metre or 2 of the car in NSW

Neither are most Inverters of the type that you are using designed for continuous running, and may overheat and fail.

 All that your Inverter is good for at home is short term use powering items like a Microwave , and watching a TV etc.

 

So, you've now become a member of the NSW Police State, Alex ... well done!

 

While you're in the business of telling me on what I can and can't do, how about advising me on how many times I can go to the toilet during the day, and how often I must change my underwear - surely life is not worth living, unless there is a rigid set of rules that determine everything ... eh? 🤪.

 

Talking about cops and SAFETY, I recall a moron from that field who stopped a vehicle up the road on the main, two lane highway, some months ago. On a curve, he parked the police vehicle halfway across the inside lane ... we were about to pass a semi-trailer when all of a sudden he started to veer sharply into our lane - the driver of the truck only realised at the last moment what was in front of him, and had to react sharply - could have been a very nasty incident.

Frank

 

http://artofaudioconjuring.blogspot.com/

 

 

Over and out.

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...