IGNORED

Surprising Budget Audiophile Product!

GUTB

I give you, potentially, the greatest thing in affordable audiophile upgrades in the last decade:

image.png.fc96dd8f1a7dcd3e87b6bda186a77312.png

This is a full 15-amp, lithium battery-powered generator with a pure sine wave generator. Designed to replaced gas generators at construction job sites it's guaranteed to be affordable. This is going to DESTROY the ridiculously overpriced audiophile battery power supplies. It can feed large power tools drawing a full 15 amps, meaning it can handle power amps. It takes one or two lithium battery packs.

image.png.2e4c6fe08e03a2e4cf4c36e0fee13159.png

Now, it remains to be seen if this thing dumps a bunch of noise into the outlet and thereby ruins audio quality. The use of a pure sine wave generator is a good sign. It's not out yet, but I'm probably going to be an early adopter. If it ends up being a good-sounding component this could be the greatest budget audiophile upgrade easily in the last 10 years.

Well, I'm NOT getting the Yeti 1000, the seller canceled the order stating it was defective....sigh. I guess I could get a Chinese unit, there's LifePo4 unit on Aliexpress for $600 but it's too small to power an amp for a significant amount of time...I should just wait for Milwaukee unit. 

Something I always wondered was WHY there isn't a gas generator with a battery and a smart charger connected between the two so that the generator turns on only as needed to charge the battery.

9 minutes ago, botrytis said:

hmm - battery power to your audio system....

stromtank-s1000-generator-feature_2000x.jpg?v=1590470083

Stromtank. Designed by the gent who actually designed MBL speakers. He sold the company and went into alternative energy and started working LiPO4 batteries and they are perfect for audio.

I listened to the Stromtank at the LA Audio Show (one of those in LA anyway) in 2018 or 2017. It was the big one, and I forget the rest of the system...I was pretty impressed with the sound. Of course the problem with such systems is that of course they're going to sound great so I didn't know how much to attribute to the Stromtank. I remember explicitly thinking that battery isolation from mains was the best way forward, just not at THOSE prices.