IGNORED

Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500 Release Dates and Links To Purchase

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brian H said:

I'm curious about the DSD 11.2 "Direct Cutting" lp of Misty next to it. I have seen it before but no one I know has ever mentioned it.

I have it. It's cool, but nothing like the original. Yamamoto changes things up quite a bit. Sound is excellent, music is OK.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I like TBM and Tsuyoshi Yamamoto as much as anyone but this is a bridge too far :~)

https://diskunion.net/jazz/ct/news/article/1/101631

8D7A47CF-D50F-4583-BB59-981B09B8D1ED.jpeg

Perfect for toting around all the cds at audio shows in the future.  After all, if LP is making a comeback, CDs cannot be far behind.  After all, this Streaming and Digital files has been found wanting and just a passing fad....(Sarcasm people ..... Sarcasm!).   Besides, if your daughter gave to you for Christmas...you would be all over it.  (You have daughter don't you?  Wasn't that written somewhere in this Forum?)

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

4 minutes ago, jcbenten said:

Perfect for toting around all the cds at audio shows in the future.  After all, if LP is making a comeback, CDs cannot be far behind.  After all, this Streaming and Digital files has been found wanting and just a passing fad....(Sarcasm people ..... Sarcasm!).   Besides, if your daughter gave to you for Christmas...you would be all over it.  (You have daughter don't you?  Wasn't that written somewhere in this Forum?)

Ah yes, if my 9 year old daughter gave this to me, I’d be happy :~)

Digital files are just like the internet, a fad :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 weeks later...

November releases are here. That gets me to right around 100 TBM releases if I count the LPs I have. Might be enough ?

naw, only a few more to go !!!

if you are keeping score at home here's what we have so far. In column B I  don't have those in yellow or green. I have those with CD or in blue. After TBM-78 it gets a little crazy with too many releases and re-releases for me to bother to keep up with. My notes such as LP only are based on a search but not an exhaustive search. 

3 blind Mice.xlsx

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

57 minutes ago, Brian H said:

Ready to name your favorites yet?

They range from pop to fusion to bebop to avantgarde and everything in between so hard to pick favorites. Maybe a bit embarrassing but I would have trouble identifying most by listening as at one point they were coming in faster than I could get to them, and I have them all on a playlist on shuffle so don't always know what I'm listening to , but a few to recommend

• George Otsuka "Go On" and "Physical Structure"
  • Sunao Wada "Coco's Blues"
  • Kosuke Mine "Mine"

discussed previously, but haven't warmed up to most of the vocal tracks.

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, El Arte said:

Well, it really seems one cannot wrong with TBM.

Yet, I wish there was a must have list somewhere...it's a bit daunting to pick from such a large collection.

Look up this thread:  

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

OK--not sure if I'm more irked at you at myself...

I bought Moonray and Misty eons ago when you first mentioned TBM, and then promptly forgot about them--did I give them even a single spin?

Then I've had to read about a GAZILLION references to TBM...

The other night I stumbled across this strange CD called Moonray from some random guy in Japan...it was REALLY good.  Who knew?

Then today I stumbled across Misty...where did I get all this Japanese stuff?  It is AWESOME!  Smooth like West Coast cool, but still dynamic, interesting, complex like East Coast bop.

So then I put all the pieces together and arrive at this thread...

And of course by now your narrower set of recommendations are sold out on Discs Japan...and by now I"M JUST DYING TO GET THEM!!!  Is this whole thing some sort of sick game?

But I have been saved by @bbosler, who advised Amazon Japan, and I now have Midnight Sugar, Coco's Blues, Summertime, Blowout, and Midnight Sun or order.

YAY!!!  All is forgiven!  I'm in!  THANKS, Chris and bb!

11 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Hey Chris,

OK--not sure if I'm more irked at you at myself...

I bought Moonray and Misty eons ago when you first mentioned TBM, and then promptly forgot about them--did I give them even a single spin?

Then I've had to read about a GAZILLION references to TBM...

The other night I stumbled across this strange CD called Moonray from some random guy in Japan...it was REALLY good.  Who knew?

Then today I stumbled across Misty...where did I get all this Japanese stuff?  It is AWESOME!  Smooth like West Coast cool, but still dynamic, interesting, complex like East Coast bop.

So then I put all the pieces together and arrive at this thread...

And of course by now your narrower set of recommendations are sold out on Discs Japan...and by now I"M JUST DYING TO GET THEM!!!  Is this whole thing some sort of sick game?

But I have been saved by @bbosler, who advised Amazon Japan, and I now have Midnight Sugar, Coco's Blues, Summertime, Blowout, and Midnight Sun or order.

YAY!!!  All is forgiven!  I'm in!  THANKS, Chris and bb!

Also checkout Midnight Sugar and Blow Up on Impex 24K CD. 

http://www.impexrecords.com/catalog/#24Kgoldcd

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Also checkout Midnight Sugar and Blow Up on Impex 24K CD. 

http://www.impexrecords.com/catalog/#24Kgoldcd

+1

You can't go wrong with any of the albums that Tsuyoshi Yamamoto recorded for TBM. 

I'm listening to a great live one right now (The In Crowd).

folder.jpg.c90b12bc3c188e2d158e9f085c6b2c0f.jpg

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull