IGNORED

Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500 Release Dates and Links To Purchase

Can I ask if people ended up purchasing CDs or SACDs? Presumably the CDs are well recorded so format isn't necessarily important? I think I'll have to look into trying to import some of the TBM albums into the UK.

I also loved this small compilation - this along with the BBE released compilation albums were my first exposure to Japanese Jazz. Aquarium Drunkard's collection is a really great listen though:

https://aquariumdrunkard.com/2020/04/07/abstract-truths-an-evolving-jazz-compendium-vol-7-japanese-jazz/

7 minutes ago, dsyzling said:

Can I ask if people ended up purchasing CDs or SACDs? Presumably the CDs are well recorded so format isn't necessarily important? I think I'll have to look into trying to import some of the TBM albums into the UK.

I also loved this small compilation - this along with the BBE released compilation albums were my first exposure to Japanese Jazz. Aquarium Drunkard's collection is a really great listen though:

https://aquariumdrunkard.com/2020/04/07/abstract-truths-an-evolving-jazz-compendium-vol-7-japanese-jazz/

Straight CDs for me. All available from Discs Japan. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

53 minutes ago, dsyzling said:

CDs for me too. I have a couple of SACDs and older XRCDs but the latest Craftman versions are just as good IMHO.

39 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I added the July 21, 2021 releases to the initial post and the Ayako Hosokawa Collection at the end. I don't see the July 21, 2021 releases available yet from DiscsJapan, so I don't have links to purchase just yet. 

Hi Chris,

Would you mind at least clearly separating in the initial post the Supreme Collection 1500 from other collections (such as the Ayako Hosokawa Collection added now), otherwise it might get tricky in the future distinguishing the different parts of potential different collections.

Note that the thread title doesn't reflect other collections, so you may consider creating an additional, separate thread on this new collection.

25 minutes ago, jma2 said:

Hi Chris,

Would you mind at least clearly separating in the initial post the Supreme Collection 1500 from other collections (such as the Ayako Hosokawa Collection added now), otherwise it might get tricky in the future distinguishing the different parts of potential different collections.

Note that the thread title doesn't reflect other collections, so you may consider creating an additional, separate thread on this new collection.

There is only one other collection, and it's clearly labeled Ayako Hosokawa Collection at the bottom.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 8/26/2020 at 9:40 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

July 21, 2021

CMRS-0121 Sunao Wada - Blues World (TBM 25) (DiscsJapan)
CMRS-0122 Toshiyuki Miyama - Gallery (TBM(P)-5016) (DiscsJapan)
CMRS-0123 Tsuyoshi Yamamoto - Now's The Time (TBM 29) (DiscsJapan)
CMRS-0124 Nobuo Hara ‎– Active Volcano (TBM(P) 5017) (DiscsJapan)
CMRS-0125 Allan Praskin ‎– Encounter (TBM 7) (DiscsJapan)

Just ordered the above July releases and added the purchase links. 

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The July 21, 2021 release has arrived!

IMG_1946.jpeg

Enjoy!

The two I ordered from that group also arrived here yesterday.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

• 4 weeks later...