IGNORED

Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500 Release Dates and Links To Purchase

Kevin Gray can do no wrong in my book. Best at his job today. I think they sound better (and in a nicer package) but they also cost more than twice as much. You can also find SACDs of these and pull out the DSD stream if that floats your boat. :-)

Weren't more 1500 series titles released yesterday?

12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I know this isn't the Supreme Collection 1500, but these three albums are in the collection. I just happened to stumble upon versions mastered by Kevin Gray and wow are they fantastic!

IMG_0261.jpeg IMG_0262.jpeg IMG_0263.jpeg

Also available on vinyl

https://www.impexrecords.com/the-three-blind-mice-45-rpm-box-45-rpm-180-gram-lp-6-lp-set/

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

2 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Glad they sound great. How do they compare to the other versions?

Easily the best versions. I haven't stopped listening.

57 minutes ago, Brian H said:

Weren't more 1500 series titles released yesterday?

What!? Where? I checked Disk Union and Discs Japan and didn't see the 11th release yet. The 10th release has been available for order on Discs Japan for a little while (links in the original post).

19 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Yes. Thanks for the link for those who love vinyl. I imagine the packaging is even better on the he LP. Very cool. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

What!? Where? I checked Disk Union and Discs Japan and didn't see the 11th release yet. The 10th release has been available for order on Discs Japan for a little while (links in the original post).

My bad. I was quoting Dusty Groove. They had 4 titles with estimated delivery on 12/10. Poppy, Blues, Blues, Blues, etc. Probably from the last batch. BTW, I ordered 7 titles from Discs Japan in early November and ended up getting a refund yesterday. I kept checking status through the website with only an "Awaiting Fulfillment" message and no responses to emails weeks 3 and 4 through their website (or later through Paypal.) Is there some special technique you are using?

17 minutes ago, Brian H said:

My bad. I was quoting Dusty Groove. They had 4 titles with estimated delivery on 12/10. Poppy, Blues, Blues, Blues, etc. Probably from the last batch. BTW, I ordered 7 titles from Discs Japan in early November and ended up getting a refund yesterday. I kept checking status through the website with only an "Awaiting Fulfillment" message and no responses to emails weeks 3 and 4 through their website (or later through Paypal.) Is there some special technique you are using?

Make sure you check the release dates rather than on sale dates. The albums for which you received a refund are set to ship around December 16, 2020. I have the albums from Dec 16 and Jan 20 ordered and awaiting fulfillment. DiscsJapan is really good about shipping on time in my experience. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Make sure you check the release dates rather than on sale dates. The albums for which you received a refund are set to ship around December 16, 2020. I have the albums from Dec 16 and Jan 20 ordered and awaiting fulfillment. DiscsJapan is really good about shipping on time in my experience. 

Actually the titles were to backfill some of the earlier releases from this year and 2019. Really weird that they would not comment in any way (waiting for one title, partial shipment, etc.)after 3 emails. Never did hear from them even during the refund process.

16 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Also available on vinyl

actually, that 3 disc set from Exclusive disc has been backordered for a long time.

I just saw and ordered the individual 45 rpm 2 disc sets that are now available again at Acoustic Sounds

Damn, this is getting expensive !!😮

in the same vein.. if unfamiliar check out Charles Lloyd, his 80th birthday concert is excellent.. if you like the Japanese stuff you will like this,,, try "Requiem" for a taste.. I bought the deluxe box set with 3 LPs that I'm listening to now.. eager to watch the DVD

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

On 12/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, Brian H said:

Actually the titles were to backfill some of the earlier releases from this year and 2019. Really weird that they would not comment in any way (waiting for one title, partial shipment, etc.)after 3 emails. Never did hear from them even during the refund process.

Oddly,

I just received a DHL notice that my DiscsJapan order is being delivered next week after all. I guess I will have to reverse engineer the refund. I had just but some of the titles from a different source but I can always sell the duplicates. They are in demand.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, bbosler said:

Yes, I ordered four of these from CD Japan in mid-December. 

I believe this is the last of the "TBM 2020" albums.

Hey Guys, I just received a couple more TBM albums, not in the Supreme Collection. Great stuff. 

CJVC_5020__6439__01152009112031-2188.jpg

Bingo Miki & the Inner Galaxy Orchestra - Montreux Cyclone

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&Title_ID=6439

CJVC_14__100162__10142014092121-8558.jpg

The Seiichi Nakamura Quintet +2 - The Boss

https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=detail&Title_ID=100162

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bbosler said:

mine too

one is a female vocalist. I haven't listened to any of the new ones yet and haven't spent much time listening to any of the other female vocalists because I haven't been able to get into them. Maybe it is just me but I haven't warmed up to any of them

I'm with you on the TBM feel vocalist albums. I haven't really enjoyed any of those yet. Perhaps I need to acquire a taste for the style. 

I wonder if it is because they don't really understand what they are singing so the phrasing is odd to a native English speaker? That is a guess, they may all be fluent English speakers. I know it isn't unusual to hear a song you know well sung by somebody you haven't heard before and find it is a bit disconcerting. You get used to the way Ella did it and everybody else sounds wrong.

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

...I am quite sure the singers you note completely understand what they are singing, including the emotional elements.

I think it's a soft-palate effect. Full disclosure: I am not a speech pathologist, but I did live in Japan for some years.

It's just an accent and how the sounds are formed in/with the mouth, tongue, etc. "We" usually cannot correctly pronounce "tsu" and some other "sounds" in the Japanese language (or others). We kind-of pronounce it. Well enough to be understood.

For the record, I don't enjoy those tracks either. When I'm connecting with the emotion of the song, the "unusual" (to me) phrasing is off-putting.

Perhaps there is a reader who is a speech pathologist who could enlighten us more accurately than my lay attempt. But great tunes, right?! 

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy Jazz vocals with an accent.

I'm a native speaker of English and also speak Japanese fluently. In my experience, many Japanese struggle with English pronunciation primarily because the range of sounds used in Japanese is narrower. For example, English has many vowel sounds that you don't find in Japanese.

Going the other way is easier although there are a few sounds that native speakers of English struggle with including the small "tsu" that @MarkusBarkus described, long/short vowels such as "ko" vs "kou", and the Japanese "R" which can be described as a mixture of an "R" and an "L" with perhaps a hint of a "D". 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drfous said:

Anyone having issues with shipments?

I ordered about a discs on 12/31 from Disc Japan and they have yet to ship.

There's been no change in status since 12/31.  It says awaiting fulfillment.

Thanks for this thread.  Really excited to get these.

Not all of the discs have been released yet. Perhaps that's the problem.