IGNORED

Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection 1500 Release Dates and Links To Purchase

I have gotten these from Elusive Disc in the past. This thread made me check back and I have ordered:

Products shipped

Cart Items SKU Qty
The Isao Suzuki Trio/Quartet Blow Up Gold CD IMXGCD8307 1
The Yamamoto Trio Midnight Sugar Gold CD IMXGCD8308 1
The Yamamoto Trio Misty Gold CD IMXGCD8309 1
Drums & Bells Comparing Sticks CD TONCD001 1

https://elusivedisc.com/

Thanks for the compendium on TBM above. The recordings are excellent and many of my favorite performances reside on those discs.

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

• 2 weeks later...

...I am quite sure the singers you note completely understand what they are singing, including the emotional elements.

I think it's a soft-palate effect. Full disclosure: I am not a speech pathologist, but I did live in Japan for some years.

It's just an accent and how the sounds are formed in/with the mouth, tongue, etc. "We" usually cannot correctly pronounce "tsu" and some other "sounds" in the Japanese language (or others). We kind-of pronounce it. Well enough to be understood.

For the record, I don't enjoy those tracks either. When I'm connecting with the emotion of the song, the "unusual" (to me) phrasing is off-putting.

Perhaps there is a reader who is a speech pathologist who could enlighten us more accurately than my lay attempt. But great tunes, right?! 

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

• 3 weeks later...