IGNORED

No Sound from Miniboss player

Nickh

There is no sound from my Allo MiniBoss player. I had an issue where I had changed my router and the IP address range is now different, but I resolved that by re-flashing Volumio and all was well. But now I can’t get any sound from the unit. I checked the RCA connectors and they are connected correctly. However,  I noticed that when pushing the plugs into the sockets, the green led’s at the back of the board flickered off and on. I then noticed that the connection between the MiniBoss board and the Raspberry Pi is very loose. There are no screws to hold the two components together. I don’t know if there should be. Anyway. I pressed the two boards together as best I could and powered it on. It all looked good. The leds were green, and I was able to bring up the web browser and select an album from my LMS. When I pressed play, playback appeared to start, but no sound came from my amp. I know the amp is working and the input selector was correct. Even when turned up to maximum all I could hear was a slight hum.

14 hours ago, Nickh said:

There is no sound from my Allo MiniBoss player. I had an issue where I had changed my router and the IP address range is now different, but I resolved that by re-flashing Volumio and all was well. But now I can’t get any sound from the unit. I checked the RCA connectors and they are connected correctly. However,  I noticed that when pushing the plugs into the sockets, the green led’s at the back of the board flickered off and on. I then noticed that the connection between the MiniBoss board and the Raspberry Pi is very loose. There are no screws to hold the two components together. I don’t know if there should be. Anyway. I pressed the two boards together as best I could and powered it on. It all looked good. The leds were green, and I was able to bring up the web browser and select an album from my LMS. When I pressed play, playback appeared to start, but no sound came from my amp. I know the amp is working and the input selector was correct. Even when turned up to maximum all I could hear was a slight hum.

Forwarded PM please check