IGNORED

Best Singer of All Time is...

20 hours ago, fas42 said:

Frank Sinatra ... for all the obvious reasons - how to do so much, with so little apparent effort.

Johnny Hartman makes Frank Sinatra look like a pretender.

For pop vocalist, Whitney Houston had the greatest voice, but horrible taste in music. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

8 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Diana Ankudinova, shades of Cher but unique. Only 17

I see similarities:

- Cher was 19 when I Got You Babe hit #1

- Both are pretty

- Restricted vocal range, no high notes

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

I don't know how good Karen Carpenter's voice was, even though I heard her on the radio throughout her short career. The music was such awful pap that I automatically changed the channel when The Carpenters came on.

IMO, Picasso's work was a joke perpetrated on the art world. They still haven't gotten it, but in the future I believe it will be revealed as a hoax. 😶

24 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

Yes, must they "suffer" for their work to be the most creative?  A very interesting concept to consider. Certainly many jazz musicians ended up on heroin following Charlie Parker's use.

I doubt the Beatles would have been as creative without LSD, and pot use is pretty endemic among musicians. Neither of those induce suffering though, at worst a bad acid trip can be unsettling for several hours. 

I know for sure who is not the "Best Singer Of All Time". I just listened to It Had To Be You... The Great American Song Book, by Rod Stewart. OMG, talk about awful! I knew Rod was not very talented but he's had his moments. These old standards however, make his voice sound bad, really, really bad.

2 hours ago, Allan F said:

I have not listened to The Great American Song Book by Rod Stewart as I tend to avoid such collections by pop/rock artists. But I strongly disagree that Rod Stewart is "not very talented". IMO, Every Picture Tells a Story is an all-time classic and he has put out a number of other very good albums during his lengthy career. To each his own.

As I said, Rod Stewart has had his moments. I love Atlantic Crossing, but mostly Rod covers material by other, more talented artists, especially Tom Waits. The originals are mostly better. 

American Songbook really exposes his vocal shortcomings. He's an amazingly talented marketer with great taste in music.

If you want to hear good interpretations of American classics by pop artists, try Moonlight Serenade by Carly SImon and But Beautiful by Boz Scaggs.

9 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Yeah, it’s a terrible movie!🥴

Pacino has become a cartoon caricature of himself. Hooah!