IGNORED

Best Singer of All Time is...

On 8/24/2020 at 10:58 AM, audiobomber said:

Johnny Hartman makes Frank Sinatra look like a pretender.

For pop vocalist, Whitney Houston had the greatest voice, but horrible taste in music. 

Thanks for pointing to him! I was completely unaware of the man - as you say, a truly remarkable voice ...

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

In the ‘50’s, and well into the ‘70’s, the Italian carozzeria (coach builders) such as PinninFarina, Bertone, Touring, Zagato, Ghia, Vignale (the picture you posted, above, is a Vignale body), etc. made some of the most interesting (not to mention beautiful) car bodies in the world. What happened is that when the world went to unibody construction, there was no longer a chassis that could take custom bodies. This more or less limited the carozzeria’s ability to build custom bodies because they had to fashion a custom unibody structure as well as the custom styling. In the 1960’s, Fiat built the ultra lovely and ultra desirable Fiat Dino Spider (convertible). This car had standard coach work, and a lovely 2.4 liter V6 which was developed from an engine designed by Dino Ferrari, the Old Man’s son who died young of multiple sclerosis. This Fiat, with it’s PinninFarina styling is drop dead gorgeous, as you can see.

image.thumb.jpeg.5c8f71f11c9bbca751705425477a0fa6.jpeg

The 50's and 60's were the good years, in terms of cars being highly individualistic ... as compared to today! 😉

I have a personal weakness for an earlier era - so, this Fiat is the one that ticks the boxes for me,

Italy motor museums 10