IGNORED

Beginner. What combo with DT 990 (250 ohm)

Shiiro

Question

Hello there, very new to audiophile.

I searched first a bit in the forum about ehat i need but i would like a personal opinion if possible.

I just bought DT 990 (250 ohm).

Havent received them yet but i am looking something to combo it to get the best results for my budget.

First i would like to check them on my pc without anything but i am almost certain i will need a sound card or something.

My main usage is for fps gaming but also music. Lets say 80% gaming 20% music.

Soooo what should i buy? I was thinking a sound card since i know nothing about DAC/AMP and i dont think i can afford them with my very tight budget. (80€)

I am between a soundblaster z (75€) and soundblaster AE-5 used for 5 months (70€).

What are your opinions? 

9 answers to this question

I highly recommend the XtremPro X1 DAC/headphone amp. Plugs into the USB port of your computer, drives 250-ohm Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro headphones louder than I can listen, and sounds way better than it has any right to. Should be available on Amazon. I believe the Speaka USB DAC is the same product as the XtremPro, just a different name. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

1 minute ago, Shiiro said:

Sadly i cant find any of these in my country and amazon doesnt deliver here T_T 

Btw dont i also need amp if i buy usb dac?

Which country?

Some USB DAC's include a headphone amp, some don't. The XtremPro is a DAC/amp, so no outboard amp is required. Like many DAC/amps, you could add an outboard headphone amp if you wish, but it is not required to drive headphones. 

I have two USB DAC's that include a headphone amp; the XtremPro and a Korg DS-DAC-100M.

I have two USB DAC's that do not include an amp and cannot drive headphones directly; the Schiit Modi 3 and iFi iOne. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

3 minutes ago, Shiiro said:

I also found sound blaster x fi and x fi hd. Do you believe any of them could work?

Sorry, I have not heard those and I am not a gamer.