IGNORED

Bricasti M1SE or Denafrips Terminator Plus?

On 9/8/2020 at 5:24 PM, Blake said:

I would think a TPlus + Phoenix will be an exceptionally good combo, but unfortunately I have no experience with the Phoenix. I would be very interested in your findings if you do go with a TPlus and combine it with your Phoenix.

I am so happy with my Gaia, I ended up ordering an Iris for my Qutest for my "COVID" home office headphone setup (I share the home office with my wife so headphones are a must).

Anyway, these are just my personal experiences and I am not an authority here.  Others may have different views.

Appropriately I am listening to Temptation by Diana Krall  on Qobuz    "Temptation.....I cant resist"

I have a Statement and Terminator and it sounds amazing.....Yet I hear the Terminator is better with I2S.  Wondering if upgrading to the TP and adding a Iris or Gaia to input I2S with the TP's clocks is going to make me happy.

Have you compared the Iris and Gaia with the TP and clocks for I2S?  Does the Gaia do it better?  Any information on the Hermes?

Abyss Man,

Thanks, I pinch myself every day.  I was looking at the MK3 and a used Statement came up on Audio Mart and I think I lost my mind and went for it.  No regrets at all now.

I know the USB from the Statement is top class but I wonder if feeding an I2S converter such a good signal and using a converter like the  Iris or Gaia with the  two clock signals would better the USB from the Statement or mess it up.  I would need the TP for the clock outputs.  I have read there are differences with the sound of USB and I2S on the Termy and TP and that the I2S is better?

I was wondering if there is a difference with USB in and I2S out between the Iris and Gaia.  I don't need all the other outputs the Gaia offers. And I don't need the OCXO clock on the Gaia as the better clock on the TP will run the Iris or Gaia.

I am deep deep in the rabbit hole but still digging away.

Blake,

Following up on Abyss Man's question about the Phoenix,  Does adding the Phoenix between the server/streamer have a benefit feeding a Gaia clocked by the TP?

I had a notion that just like feeding a DAC a lower noise/jitter signal (like the phoenix does) makes a DAC's analog output better, feeding a DDC a lower noise/jitter signal will benefit the DDC's digital output and thus further improve the DAC's performance.

Still chasing rabbits.....