IGNORED

Bricasti M1SE or Denafrips Terminator Plus?

35 minutes ago, mrkoven said:

Plus instead of the pursuit to decrapify USB, I get to avoid that all together now. Personally I'm done w/ DACs that don't have network streaming built in, 

As someone who loves to simplify my system (and was very happy for one year once I had reduced the system to three smallish boxes - DAC/streamer/preamp + amps), I nevertheless ran an experiment to decrapify the ethernet input.   That experiment has worked very well even though it added boxes I didn't want.  I was pretty skeptical and only proceeded because UpTone has a 30-day trial period.  I started with UpTone etherREGEN, using its included SMPS.  Sounded great.  Of course, in usual audiophile style, once I started down that path I got curious about how to give the etherREGEN the best infrastructure to be its best.  My signature line shows the result.  

Just an FYI. 

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Blake said:

Clock cables do make a difference.  I experimented with very cheap, hifi, and uber-hifi clock cables and the differences were obvious as you scale up, but even with cheap clock cables, things are impressive.    

Not to go too far OT, but...can you mention the cables you tried and what qualities they brought?  Personally, I find that a $40+ (0.5 meter) clock cable is quite good.

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man