IGNORED

USBridge + Revolution DAC failed. Please help!

I recently purchased the USBridge signature and even more recently, the Revolution DAC. Both powered by Shanti. After connecting the revolution DAC, which sounds AWESOME, all was well until this last hour. A static sound came between songs, and the music has stopped. I shut down, rebooted, and the problem was temporarily fixed. Then it happened again. Now, nothing plays, and I get this error, below. 

FYI, initially, I was running Moode, but the problem also happens with volumio. What is happening?!

Error

Failed to open "alsa" [alsa]; Failed to open ALSA device "hw:5,0": No such file or directory

Update #2:

I seem to have isolated a few more specific parameters about the problem:

1. Happens only when I run a Qobuz-curated playlist (multiple artists) via UPnP (MoOde Audio). You know the kind of playlist... like Qobuz selections for recent contemporary jazz, or classical; great for discovering new music. 
  2. It is when the playlist finishes a song and cues up another, that I get the dreaded static and the music stops for everything... with the dreaded error (Failed to open "alsa" [alsa]; Failed to open ALSA device "hw:5,0": No such file or directory) 
  3. Nothings works after that happens. I will subsequently get an ALSA device error for ANY kind of playback; Qobuz or even playing files locally from hard-drive. 
  4. The temporary solution is to pull the power plug from the Rev Dac (not the USBridge), and allow it to reboot.
  5. All then works well, as long as I avoid any Qobuz themed playlists. Interestingly, the problem does not happen for Qobuz playlists of a single album/artist. Maybe the change of music resolution for a multiple-artist playlist is triggering something?
8 hours ago, Jordac said:

Update #2:

I seem to have isolated a few more specific parameters about the problem:

1. Happens only when I run a Qobuz-curated playlist (multiple artists) via UPnP (MoOde Audio). You know the kind of playlist... like Qobuz selections for recent contemporary jazz, or classical; great for discovering new music. 
  2. It is when the playlist finishes a song and cues up another, that I get the dreaded static and the music stops for everything... with the dreaded error (Failed to open "alsa" [alsa]; Failed to open ALSA device "hw:5,0": No such file or directory) 
  3. Nothings works after that happens. I will subsequently get an ALSA device error for ANY kind of playback; Qobuz or even playing files locally from hard-drive. 
  4. The temporary solution is to pull the power plug from the Rev Dac (not the USBridge), and allow it to reboot.
  5. All then works well, as long as I avoid any Qobuz themed playlists. Interestingly, the problem does not happen for Qobuz playlists of a single album/artist. Maybe the change of music resolution for a multiple-artist playlist is triggering something?

Forwarded PM please check

• 4 months later...

I have exactly the same issue as described by Jordac. I use the musical paradise MP-D1-MK3 dac. Tried Moode and Volumio, both show the same behaviour. It also happens when using Audirvana on the computer and using UPNP => Usbridge Signature.

I hope you can help me as this is driving me crazy.

I think the problem is caused by USBridge having to navigate different resolutions on a playlist... when one song is CD  quality and then the next is Hi-res, etc. I don't do playlists much anymore, but maybe there's a volumio setting that will get around this problem, such as bringing all songs to a common resolution. 

Hi Jordac,

This is no solution for me. I use Tidal (this happens with Tidal also) and Qobuz to discover music. Playlists are key for me.

I did not purchase an almost 300 dollar device to use workarounds for something it was designed to do. Therefor I hope someone of the Allo team can help us with this issue.

14 hours ago, Henk124 said:

Hi Jordac,

This is no solution for me. I use Tidal (this happens with Tidal also) and Qobuz to discover music. Playlists are key for me.

I did not purchase an almost 300 dollar device to use workarounds for something it was designed to do. Therefor I hope someone of the Allo team can help us with this issue.

Forwarded PM please check