Hi All

I currently have an sotm front end, Network switch 10g, ultra 200 streamer, and tx USB. I have it connected to my Hegel H390 integrated Amp via USB. I was considering getting the sotm master clock forl the sotm boxes but then I though about maybe a new DAC like the Terminator plus or also the Denafrips GAIA D/D convertor ( im not sure what this does exactly ).

Where do you think the best bang for buck would be and I should upgrade first.Also on a separate note is it possible to connect 2 network switches together say the 10g and ether regen for example to get double the impact, I think I read someplace of 2x sotm 10g switches connected yield really great results.

Thanks 

Sean

IMG_6791.jpg

Hi Abyss Man

Thanks for the reply I appreciate that. Yes my wallet has taken massive collateral damage 😝!!! but I am getting some decent sound for the first time. Interestingly I was messing around with my system and changed up the way I had everything connected and I got a decent improvement just by changing how everything was connected. I ran a Lan cable with the sotm isolation transformer from my router into the NUC rather than using it up the chain into the 10g switch and the results were very noticeable. Yes all my sotm gear is maxed out and has the BNC connections. I didnt hear much adding the sms 500 and as you say I might change out. Can you give me some info on the "trifecta to evox cap and silver internal cables" maybe this is the maxed out option you get at purchase,also did you find a big improvement in running two 10g switches over 1.

I think I will try to get the TP as my DAC first and then add quality LPS to everything, then if funds allow the sotm master clock and cables later.

Thanks for help and advise.

Sean 

Hi Abyss Man

I have read good things about he ether regen switch I might add it to the 10g.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen

My ethernet cables are pretty good ( I think ) https://www.elecson.com/2780-1977-viard-audio-silver-hd12-ethernet.html

And my USB is Curious cable and sotm that came with USB reclocker. 

How do you like your FARAD LPS I was looking at them or Paul Hynes ,long wait for the PH and might not be any better than FARAD.The only other supply I have tried is the sotm sms500 I use it with Y cable for streamer and Usb clock. I can't hear much with it to be honest.

To be honest its an endless journey I think and does one ever get there ? are you even meant to get there? I just want to get the basics fairly bang on and add a few tweaks as I go. LPS could be the good place to go I have no power conditioning or anything done with power..What do you think yourself you seem to have things figured out and help advise is very much appreciated.

Thanks 

Sean

Hi Abyss Man

Yes good idea on the Y cable and then work up to an individual LPS for each device ( its a lot of supplies ). I will check if ER do a return option. 

I was looking at a dedicated line but some are saying better results from a conditioner or regenerator and others say the exact opposite.To me the line makes sense but I'm no expert here. As far as conditioners go I was looking at the 156 which seems to be getting good reviews and doesn't clamp dynamics on amps.

http://www.puritanaudiolabs.com/products/master-purifiers/psm156/

I have also read no need for a conditioner if using an LPS, do you know if this is correct?

What power cord would you recommend, are the cords from farad any good, have you tried.

I have a NUC running Roon and I stream all my music

Weekend again time for some music to relax after hectic week. 

Thanks for your replies here btw , really appreciate you taking the time 👍

Sean