Hi Sean,

If your soTm are using Silver cables and evox caps with ebs damping material then u are fully loaded. As for running double switch, yes it’s a worthy upgrade and worth every penny. Personally I connect them using optical, which I prefer compared to ethernet.

what ethernet cables are u using? Get some good USB cables too. My entire digital front is soTm including 4 runs of dcbl cat-7 cables with 3 iso cat 6. My USB are Tellurium Silver Diamonds.

Take it slow Sean, don’t rush. Enjoy the journey.

Sean,

The trifecta is used as a collective word for the sms-200, Txusb-ultra and the sps-500. Actually I was wrong in using that word cause I don’t use the sps-500, all my LPS are now Farad 3. The Bricasti is a DAC with built in ROON ready function. I have never heard it though but reports say it’s very good at what it does and pricey too. 

Maybe @ducatiridercan chip in with his FR of the Bricasti. Btw, which model Ducati are u riding sir?

4 minutes ago, johndoe21ro said:

You should upgrade the LPS first (although, as I understand, the sPS-500 in not a linear power supply). tX-USBultra and sMS-200 Ultra scale a lot with a good LPS, power cable, fuse, etc. That's also the cheapest upgrade. A DAC is definitely costlier! 

You are very right the sps-500 is a SMPS and a very good one at that, but, there is always something better out there. You are also spot on with how the soTm gears scale with good quality PSU and the power cords and DC cables feeding them. The evoxcap, silver wiring and ebs upgrade is also a very worthwhile upgrade if u are using the basic unit. I just upgraded my upgrade from a soTm silver wiring to Audio Sensibility Silver cable. It’s still early days, but it sounds like a winner.