IGNORED

Article: Review | Allo Revolution DAC, Part 1

Really enjoyed reading your review.  Interesting selection of music!  Thank you.  

And just so you know there are multiple audiences for your work, my wife walked in, proclaimed your dog beautiful, and walked out.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

2 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Thank you very much for the nice words !!

Actually, the setting ist our dogs favorite place for a swim outside the canine-deadly cyanobacteies season (July-September). As Frisby loves to be an early bird (contrary to his sister), I took him with me that morning. The session was between 06:30 and 08 o'clock. He was so remarkable cool with me being busy and not throwing disks for him that I took some pics from him as well.
Here is my favorite one from that morning - for your wife only 😉  

IMG_0020_cr.jpg

I love it!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Here is my favorite one from that morning - for your wife only 😉 

Truly beautiful (will show my wife later and know she will love Frisby)!   I really enjoyed all the photos, with the creative groupings, as well as the quotations.   Unlike in fiction, it is fun to see the authors personality in the "story."  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

• 10 months later...

I just received my Revolution Dac with the remote Control and Flex cable. For the meantime i am using my RPI 3B+ with Moode Audio and not the Boss Dac . I have a n RPI4B on the way and getting wired soldered underneath the GPIO pins ti bypass the USB=V power input. I use Moode Audio. The flex cable is short so the Pi and case and next to each other. I placed the original Audioquest Jitterbug to reduce noise from the USB port. The cable i use for my external hard drive has the power cut ad I use an external power supply for it.

Within Moode, I changed (from the Boss 1.2) the hardware Volume mixer to Zero so Moode does not Control the volume.

So far so good, more to come.

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

• 2 years later...
11 hours ago, North said:

The original review contains the text, "...The next part will offer inside shots of the device, a detailed analysis of..."

Where, actually, is part 2?

Life happens sometimes, you know. 

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

16 hours ago, DuckToller said:

If you really want to have an insight into the abyss of my private life between 2020 and 2022 (the period part 2 was written in part and due to be finalized)

Not necessary, and if that part is truly due to be finalized I can certainly wait.  Thank you for the reply.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 12:46 AM, DuckToller said:

If you really want to have an insight into the abyss of my private life between 2020 and 2022 (the period part 2 was written in part and due to be finalized), 

Interesting that you had dozens of forum posts between 2020 and 2022.

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Are you doubting he had challenges in his personal life, and suggesting because he could post on a forum he must be making it up?

Where did you get that?  No, not at all.  I asked if there was an article follow-up and was "greeted" with an emotional reply as to why it didn't happen.  Then when I see that his personal life didn't keep him off the forums he shifts blame to Allo and suggests I am too timid.  That's just weird.  

7 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Thanks @The Computer Audiophile

for most people the time frame for the Allo Revolution (and Part 2) has passed - according to this source the model is discontinued

Plain and simple, this would have been the right reply.

13 minutes ago, North said:

Where did you get that?  No, not at all.  I asked if there was an article follow-up and was "greeted" with an emotional reply as to why it didn't happen.  Then when I see that his personal life didn't keep him off the forums he shifts blame to Allo and suggests I am too timid.  That's just weird.  

What did you mean by your comment about his forum posts?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, North said:

why ask? DT put it out, life happens, get over it.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

I said, "Interesting that you had dozens of forum posts between 2020 and 2022."  

It meant it was interesting that the missing Allo follow-up was due to some personal issue yet he was still able to write and post elsewhere.  Again, had he clearly mentioned that the Allo was discontinued instead of hinting that I post in the darkness of night he wouldn't be in this situation.  For the record, duck: not everyone lives in your time zone.  

It was an invitation to discuss other things on this forum.  "Oh sure, North.  yeah, did you see the post about this or that.  You should hear this thing."  Etc.