IGNORED

Article: Review | Schiit Audio Jotunheim R

1 hour ago, Ben-M said:

That's quite the rave review, Chris. I am one of those fence sitters for the SR1A, but we'll see how that goes down the road. I want to head further down the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC path for a while before thinking about the SR1A and maybe the Jotenheim R. 

You mentioned that the Jotenheim R is ~$3000 less than the nearest direct drive/no RAAL Interface Box amplifier, but I'm not sure what product that is not how the performance compares. Could you tell me the model and if you've heard anything about it?

Hi Ben, later in the review I mentioned it. It’s easily missed, so no worries. 

One last note about selecting an amp for the RAAL-requisite SR1a headphones. RAAL-requisite offers its own direct drive amp called the HSA-1b that sells for $3,900. I haven't heard this amp yet, but Audiophile Style contributor austinpop is scheduled to receive a review sample very soon. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, bbosler said:

as I explore a possible purchase I see this amp is offered with a built in DAC which is appealing... does anybody have any feedback on that option? 

I believe in the video Jason said the DAC is equivalent to a multi-but Modi - https://www.schiit.com/products/modi-1

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

32 minutes ago, Ben-M said:

Haha, I figured it had to be in there. I read over it once again before posting, but I guess I didn't give it my all. 

I did go find some pictures, just FYI for anyone else wondering what $3,900 is going to look like from RAAL for a dedicated amp:

IMG_6632-cropped3-scaled.jpg

IMG_6634-cropped3.jpg

IMG_6633-cropped4-scaled.jpg

11252526.jpeg

10417781.jpg

11252524.jpeg

I should also note, the HSA-1a is $3,900 and the HSA-1b is $4,500.