IGNORED

Article: Audio Recording Primer Part 5: How to Use Microphones for Best Results

On 8/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, gmgraves said:

You must excuse me, I’ve been sleep deprived for a week. I simply can’t sleep at night. Have a DR’s appt on the 18th. Hopefully a prescription for Ambien will solve that problem.

Sleep is so important to our health and well being. Over the last couple of decades we have seen the increasing emergence of "sleep clinics" and Respiratory Physicians sub-specializing in Sleep Medicine.......just a thought....all the best George 😴

Sound Minds Mind Sound

34 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

you just can’t up and go to see your doctor (Primary Care Physician) anymore. You have to make an appointment for weeks, sometimes months down the road.

That's disturbing but i don't want to spark a political debate.

Obviously best management depends on proper assessment. In the interim I have previously touched on the topic of sleep as one of those things you can't force, the harder you 'try' the more you focus on it, the more likely you will fail. It's just generic advice but 'letting go' is often more appropriate.The sense that you 'don't care' whether you sleep or not seems very counter intuitive but it sometimes works. Again just generic advice but a technique (variation of counting sheep) I have used with patients and personally is to count from 1 to 100 repeatedly. Visualize each number as you count. The goal is not to fall asleep. The goal is to count endlessly.....it surprises me how fast I fail, lose track and fall asleep 😁

Good luck once you get some specific assessment and advice

Sorry for OT

Sound Minds Mind Sound