IGNORED

What has produced the greatest sound improvement for you?

On 8/17/2020 at 2:38 AM, bobbmd said:

the only alcohol should be Lagavulin with a NUB cigar and never when purchasing only when listening 

If you think alcohol helps for music appreciation you really should try the stuff they sell at the store @sphinxsixposted a picture of (which happens to be in the town I live too). Same particles as that cigar, much different experience.

And now on topic: I am still trying to pursue that state (of equipment) where I can indeed make out the differences in cables etc. I have tried a speaker upgrade (from Totem Model One Signatures to Dynaudio Heritage Special) and that really made a difference but when I took my Chord TT to the local Chord dealer to compare to TT2 I realised those model ones already let me hear some faults of the TT1... So now I have to do both (trying to ignore the additional costs for the mscaler), and I guess source indeed comes first.

I initially was very surprised by the difference USB (cleanup and cable) gear, and even more surprised by the difference network gear (Etherregen) can make, but goosebumps really come from source & loudspeakers. I think, still discovering.

And do put a carpet in your room.