IGNORED

Best Vintage HiFi Designs

Yamaha got a lot of attention in the mid-seventies with their new CA line of integrated amps. I had a CA-1000, the top model in the series, 70wpc in Class AB, switchable to 15wpc Class A.

CA1000a.jpg

The amp was driving a pair of classic speakers, the NS-1000M ion AR stands:

Yamaha NS1000M

Sources were a Yamaha CT-700 tuner, playing CHUM FM back in the days when it was pure album rock with no commercial breaks, (I remember you, David Marsden) and a Technics SL-1400 turntable.

cover-image

The turntable's semi-auto feature hurt my audiophile cred, but the cartridges made up some ground:

Supex 900 moving coil:

Supex 900 Super MC cartridge and Supex SDT-77 Transformer ( Used ) Sold Supex_13

and an Ortofon M15E Super moving magnet:

Ortofon M15E Super Cartridge Photo #1482444 - Canuck Audio Mart

I had a magnesium headshell for the Supex. To change cartridges all I had to do was mount the other headshell, no rebalancing required.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

The classic Sondek LP12 revolutionized the audiophile world in the seventies with Linn's "source first" philosophy:

Linn S ondek LP 12

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.