IGNORED

Denafrips Gaia or Innuos Phoenix?

• 2 weeks later...

The Gaia has 2 ocxo clocks too Ken. It would certainly be interesting to compare both though. I have not had the pleasure of listening to a Phoenix but I have listened to a Gaia mated to a Terminator. I like the 3-D and holographic presentation. It’s very quiet too. 

Hope this battle comes to fruition soon. It will certainly be fun. 

On 8/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, Summit said:

If Denafrips Gaia or Innuos Phoenix will suit you best depends on which DAC you are going to use with it, or more correctly which type of digital input it has and sound best with.

With Gaia you get many different in and outputs SPDIF, TOSLink, AES/EBU x 2, I²S HDMI LVDS and I²S RJ45 LVCMOS but no USB out. With Innuos Phoenix you get only USB in and out.

A cheaper, but very good DDC solution that may suit you is the Audio GD DI-20HE.

The first para is a true statement. The Denafrips DACs like i2S input. It’s recommended by them as well. Other DACs might like a different input. 

Don’t forget the Denafrips range of products now have a “eco” system of their own. Although the Gaia for instance, is catered for non Terminator Plus DAC owners with its own onboard ocxo clock, as a TP owner you can reclock the Gaia using the OcXo clocks onboard the TP.