IGNORED

Denafrips Gaia or Innuos Phoenix?

If you plan on getting a terminator I would simply wait and get that first.

My impression from reading the Gaia thread is that those that are most exited about it is not using USB, but other “legacy” digital connections that does benefit from the conversion.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Abyss Man said:

The Gaia has 2 ocxo clocks too Ken. It would certainly be interesting to compare both though. I have not had the pleasure of listening to a Phoenix but I have listened to a Gaia mated to a Terminator. I like the 3-D and holographic presentation. It’s very quiet too. 

Hope this battle comes to fruition soon. It will certainly be fun. 

And how was your source connected to Gaia?

This is important info because else there might be drawn wrong conclusions.

2 hours ago, Blake said:

I am also now of the view that some of these sonic enhancer products can have a pretty dramatic improvement, such that money might be better spent on one of these sonic enhancer products rather than a DAC upgrade.

I would take that statement with a pinch of salt. Maybe but just maybe you are right if the rest of the system and DAC is in the diminishing return of investment territory then I would consider one of those enhancement product.

Personally I would rather spend more on Speakers, amps and DAC in that order. And the price of the products in the subject will get you from Terminator to plus version or if you are looking at a cheaper DAC then it makes more sense to spend the money on a better DAC.